Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, put on a new fangled sport bike front m/c and it has a banjo bolt fitting. My brake line is 3/16 inverted flare. Is there a adapter out there to hook this up? I am having no luck in finding what I need.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Here's what I did. Bought a new s/s braided brake line with banjo bolt type ends. Carefully drill out whatever needs a brake line attached to it. Clean carefully with lots of compressed air and run a tap through it. I can't remember the thread, 10mm? I did this so I could use the banjo bolts with built in brake switch.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Every aftermarket sales book has the fitting you need. Banjo to flare. Done.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You might do a search for Russel or Goodridge.

Or check out your local independant dealer. He can probably come up with something you can use.

I usually build a complete new brake line. One fitting at the master cylinder, one at the caliper, and what ever length steel braided line it takes to connect them.

There are 2 different sizes of banjo fittings (10 mm/12 mm), make sure you get the right one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't know how to post links, but you can go to J&P online and then you can see the pics of them. Then visit your indy with the image in your head and make sure you get the right size and some new crush washers.

Sixball

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I don't know how to post links, but you can go to J&P online and then you can see the pics of them. Then visit your indy with the image in your head and make sure you get the right size and some new crush washers.

Sixball
Skills to know. Copy and paste.
You click on the link at the top of your screen, make it turn that blue grey color
Right - click - Copy. Then Right click - Paste,, into any where on the net you want. Either in here or an email.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I don't think that's exactly what he's looking for. An inverted flare is like on a regular brake line.

The fitting on the end of the banjo fitting is an AN fitting (like on steel braided hoses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.