Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the pipes on my bike are way short and louder than hell,but it has no mid to upper range power and revs slow.will about 8in more pipe and a set of baffles help?i allways thought less backpressure more top end but it feels like i'm dead wrong.

·
Registered
798 Posts
the only time little/no backpressure is good is w/blown motors or high compression...both of which i'm figuring you don't have. what kind of motor?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hippi said:
ohc yamha 750 8:0 to 1 pistons,forgot i'm not building a drag car here
even though it probably sounds mean those pipes are going to make your bike run like shit....you are probably running waaay lean. get the right pipes and baffles and you will be good. remember to readjust the carbs after you do or you will run rich.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sound mean is an under statement think pipper cub landing in a strong headwind in your backyard.as for running lean i read the pugs today and it's damm nears perfect so i might actually have to rejet with the baffles and longer pipes

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hippi said:
sound mean is an under statement think pipper cub landing in a strong headwind in your backyard.as for running lean i read the pugs today and it's damm nears perfect so i might actually have to rejet with the baffles and longer pipes
WELL YOU COULD START WITH A WASHER SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN THE PIPE I.D. WELDED TO A NUT IN THE END OF THE PIPE-TURN IT UNTIL YOU GET THE SOUND AND BACK RESSURE YA NEED-BEST LUCK=CHEIF @ DLO

·
Registered
990 Posts
davelamboriginals said:
WELL YOU COULD START WITH A WASHER SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN THE PIPE I.D. WELDED TO A NUT IN THE END OF THE PIPE-TURN IT UNTIL YOU GET THE SOUND AND BACK RESSURE YA NEED-BEST LUCK=CHEIF @ DLO
Ditto. Had my bike dyno'd a little while back. It's a 72 ironhead with drags and a HUGE flat spot. Dude did exactly what DLO's talking about and smoothed her right out. Big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts