Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had a green Trump. It's sole mission in life was to piss me off.
The unluckiest thing about it was that nobody stole it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
186 Posts
If the military theory is true, why aren't green cars and trucks bad luck? There have always been far more jeeps and trucks used during war than M/Cs. Same with green clothes.
You are correct. The bike could have been bright red, but would still have been a more sought after target than a Jeep, due to the likelihood that the Despatch Rider was carrying important information.
It was also generally regarded that Green would blend with the hedgerows better than Red.

·
Registered
726 Posts
"It was also generally regarded that Green would blend with the hedgerows better than Red.
"
my point eggzactaly!
hedgerows,hedges,lawns,landscaping in front of nearly every store or buis at that intersection where the cagers will do their very best to end your life!
anybody seen any of the current military vehicle colors?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tan<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
i guess thats the new bad luck color now?
well, i guess if you were riding a tan bike in a crowd of non-attention paying,smart phone using texting a$$holes in Falujah, you COULD be at serious risk!
they wouldnt see ya, and theyd KILL YOU DEAD!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If the military theory is true, why aren't green cars and trucks bad luck? There have always been far more jeeps and trucks used during war than M/Cs. Same with green clothes.
You're in the middle of a war and a battalion of dicks are trying to shoot your ass dead. How much bad luck do you need?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Outlaw motorcycle culture really got it's start at the end of the war. Hollister happened in 1947. Basically, the guys who started this superstition were vets. The "green bike" thing was strictly outlaw, just ask Kawasaki. I did read somewhere that in Frisco someone stole a bunch of green paint from a government agency, and everyone who used it got busted (or something like that, anyway), but it really only makes sense that the veterans who started all of this just were sick of green. I'll bet there's a dozen other theories, but the military thing makes the most sense, IMO!

·
Registered
478 Posts
i heard that whole bad luck green thing comes from green being the favored color of brits back in the day. so you don't paint your harley like a brit bike. stupid superstition, paint it whatever you like.

·
Registered
497 Posts
your shovel looks great! as far as green goes, i got a brother that has been riding the same green pan chopper that he built in 1970. rides it everywhere rode it to cali a few years ago and put it in the big roadster show maybe some of yall saw it the name on the tank says "fryin pan". hes had good luck w/ his green scoot, hope you do to!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looking good. I see you put 68 Sportster money to good use. :) Glad you got it finished up and am getting some miles on it.

Keep us posted and keep in touch.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts