Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finished up the shovel a few weeks ago and still working to bugs out of it. This is the first time I was with my computer and have internet since it's done, so I thought I would share a few pic.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Some people do! Long history of green bikes. The only bad luck I ever had was with a black one!
Robbie

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had a green BSA A65L...the money pit. I doubt the green paint had anything to do with it, but it was the worst motorcycle I've ever owned.
Hank

·
Registered
186 Posts
nice bike, I don't know whats up with green paint, it's bad luck on a boat too, go figure.
The "Bad luck" tag goes all the way back to WW1 and WW2. All military despatch riders rode Army green bikes. As they were deemed to be carrying battle orders between Commanders in the field, they were always sought out by gunners/ snipers.
This generally fucked up their day.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like the green - all of my current bikes wear green - exept the NSU-Konsul with stock black color, which brought me the most trouble ...

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I guess we have all heard different stories about the colors thing. All my life, I have heard it said that the green thing, was due to the racers in the early days. Harleys were black, BSA was red and Triumphs were green. No racer who rode a Harley, would paint it green, because of this reason. And viceversa. If anybody believes that luck is due to the color of your bike, I have a bridge in NYC that I want to sell you. It is green.

Nice build. Need lighter photos so we can pick you apart. lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Tyler just set a whole pile of land speed records on a green bike. I'll take that kind of luck any day.

·
Registered
726 Posts
green bikes ARE bad luck! but it aint got nuthin to do with racing....although, there IS somethin to be said for army dispatch riders during wartime....green bikes are bad luck because the rest of the world TENDS to be GREEN! you blend in and people[cagers] dont see you!
i rode a green triumph for yrs and got used to idiots pulling out in front of me! got me riding like, "if they CAN pull out in front of me, then they WILL pull out in front of me!",,,,not really a bad place to be!
i was informed of this by a retired EMS.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Newsflash! All bikes get cut off and pulled out in front of, not just green ones. Example: the op's FLHS (s for smashed?).

I think it mostly derives from the war. Everything was green over there, so the vets all, when asked what color they wanted, would respond "anything but green!"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really don't care for green, but its just what came to me for a color. That why I had bad luck charm put on the tank. Thanks for a the comments.

It was a learning experience building this thing, and I look forward to my next one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've painted all of my personal bikes Green for the past twelve years. I wrecked a green one, so I painted the next one gold and silver, and wrecked that one too. So I figgured it wasn't the color, so I've continued painting them green.

I have people pull out in front of me on my bike, and I have people pull out in front of me while driving a red pickup truck, I also have people pull out in front of me while driving a yellow semi. Bottom line is, people are going to pull out in front of you no matter what color the bike, truck, car, or semi.

But I try to avoid walking under ladders if that matters

Sixball

·
Registered
653 Posts
If the military theory is true, why aren't green cars and trucks bad luck? There have always been far more jeeps and trucks used during war than M/Cs. Same with green clothes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts