Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Depends on state of tune.I'd go 93 if you can get it.It won't matter,That Taiwanny engine aint going to last.The alloy used in the heads and cases are junk,The valve guides are cheap.It's made in a country that even Japan doesn't like.Good Luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frosty said:
Depends on state of tune.I'd go 93 if you can get it.It won't matter,That Taiwanny engine aint going to last.The alloy used in the heads and cases are junk,The valve guides are cheap.It's made in a country that even Japan doesn't like.Good Luck
Heard it all before...thanks for the vote of confidence!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Chris,Wish someone would have told me in 1990 that they where no good.I purchased a set of RevTech dual plug heads.Was told it was the trick set up,increased the compression to 9.9:1 with flat top pistons and the price was right.They are bath tubbed out to 92cc and had bigger valves and looked great.First thing that went wrong was the valve guides after 9000 miles.Then I was riding one day and it looked like I was burning oil.After another teardown at 12000 it was determined that pores in the casting was letting oil get into the combustion chamber.After going to a better valve guide (think it was cast iron but can't remember)and having the head tigged up I've been able to keep it together up to now.Got around 38000 miles on it now and these aren't babying it miles either.Looking back I could have bought an expensive set and still been $ ahead.Best wishes

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor has about 250 miles on it right now so I'll be keeping an eye on it!
Thanks!

Frosty said:
Chris,Wish someone would have told me in 1990 that they where no good.I purchased a set of RevTech dual plug heads.Was told it was the trick set up,increased the compression to 9.9:1 with flat top pistons and the price was right.They are bath tubbed out to 92cc and had bigger valves and looked great.First thing that went wrong was the valve guides after 9000 miles.Then I was riding one day and it looked like I was burning oil.After another teardown at 12000 it was determined that pores in the casting was letting oil get into the combustion chamber.After going to a better valve guide (think it was cast iron but can't remember)and having the head tigged up I've been able to keep it together up to now.Got around 38000 miles on it now and these aren't babying it miles either.Looking back I could have bought an expensive set and still been $ ahead.Best wishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts