Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back in one piece. I left last thursday for a pretty long solo motorcycle trip from jersey down to a friends house in georgia. I ended up pushing 400-600 miles on thursday, friday, monday & today. I spend the weekend with my two friends down there near atlanta. I rode skyline drive, the blue ridge parkway, the cherohala skyway and deal's gap. i had to leave the bobber at home so i took my 04 speed triple. funny how i was riding a sport bike with a backpack strapped to the back seat 500 miles a day & i must have passed at least a dozen fully bagged out harleys on trailers throughout my trip. :rolleyes:...... they seemed to have a confused look on thier faces when i blasted past them in tennessee & they noticed my jersey tag.

im pretty f'n tired so if yall are interested, ill post more details tomorrow. for now, here is a pic of my bike i took at 6000 feet on the blue ridge parkway.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sounds like you had a great ride and great weather. I always wanted to do a road trip, even just a day or two. Only problem is most of the guys I know can't get past the first titty bar. Makes it hard to go on a 2 day trip and never leave town! And what's worse is they ride cushy, comfy bikes with shocks and all. Screw it, I'm goin' somewhere. soon. Thanks for the inspiration. MIKE.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
oh man I'm jealous! deals gap and cherohala skyway is some of the best riding I've ever done! post some pics when you get the time...

·
Registered
60 Posts
A friend of mine goes cross country every year with a bunch of his buddies. He has his bike shipped out to LA, takes a plane out and rides back east some 3,000 odd miles - they take a different route every year. Something to look forward to when i'm 60 I guess, he rides a '83 Honda Silverwing.

It's all about the ride

·
Registered
522 Posts
That pic is awesome. A friend of mine rode his rigid Shovelhead from Ontario, Canada to Charlotte, NC in 23 hours for the Smokeout. He only slept for about 4 hours in a rest stop in New York with the bike chained to his ankle! Definitely don't wait until "retirement" or whatever to take a long trip. Life is now and you don't want be one of guys that's has all kinds of big plans they're going to do "someday". It can definitely be tough to leave work for awhile and all that, but if you plan it out you can do it and it will be well worth it. Just remember, there's absolutely no guarantee any of us will make it to 60, so stop putting it off.

·
Registered
522 Posts
BadMonkeyMW said:
That pic is awesome. A friend of mine rode his rigid Shovelhead from Ontario, Canada to Charlotte, NC in 23 hours for the Smokeout. He only slept for about 4 hours in a rest stop in New York with the bike chained to his ankle! Definitely don't wait until "retirement" or whatever to take a long trip. Life is now and you don't want be one of guys that's has all kinds of big plans they're going to do "someday". It can definitely be tough to leave work for awhile and all that, but if you plan it out you can do it and it will be well worth it. Just remember, there's absolutely no guarantee any of us will make it to 60, so stop putting it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts