Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Just got home.

What a fuckin' time it was....

Thanks to all - Eric, Brooks, Cro, MikeD, McGoo, Bill... aw shit, too fuckin' tired and beat up to put a fuckin' sentence together....

MC

·
Banned
648 Posts
Holy shit! You are alive! We missed you after that second toll booth. We waited around a while, sent out Brooks on his Guzzi to hunt you down, etc. Then we figured you must be ahead of us somewhere. We knew you were probably one of the most together, self reliant dudes on the run, so you'd be good wherever you ended up. Glad you made it back home, I'm sure you are going to want to sleep for the next week, you earned it man.

BTW, I have someone's Carhart and a Motorolla cell charger. Let me know who you are and I'll send your stuff back. Probably have more stuff in the warehouse too. I'll do inventory tomorrow...

-Bill

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I saw the pack rolling past the fucking Pemex station I found and figured you gave up on me.

One of the (many) highlights of this trip was threading the needle at the border in Tijuana with Cro and .... shit I can't recall who else (sorry). Whoa!

Bill: add an XL shirt if you have one (brown or black) to my care package if you would. I'll send paypal for the total....

For next year, I just need to learn enough Spanish so I can find out WHERE THE FUCKING PEMEX STATION IS!!!!

Billdozer1811 said:
Holy shit! You are alive! We missed you after that second toll booth. We waited around a while, sent out Brooks on his Guzzi to hunt you down, etc. Then we figured you must be ahead of us somewhere. We knew you were probably one of the most together, self reliant dudes on the run, so you'd be good wherever you ended up. Glad you made it back home, I'm sure you are going to want to sleep for the next week, you earned it man.

BTW, I have someone's Carhart and a Motorolla cell charger. Let me know who you are and I'll send your stuff back. Probably have more stuff in the warehouse too. I'll do inventory tomorrow...

-Bill

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mulligan4130 said:
I'm not afraid to say that the El Diablo Run was a life-changing experience for me.

-Keith
hell yeah!!! I still can't believe all that shit happened in four days.
I been on a bunch of rides and this one is at the top of the list.

Keith your bike kicked ass
you got that thing running and finished the ride
it wasn't even complaining in the TJ traffic

I just wanted to name names of all the awesome people I got to meet and made this ride what it was:
Tony, ed&mandy from OK, FlatIron Mike(Great guy, amazing bike), Andy, Nick (fucking nick was great), Caleb and his boys, Garth, Mike D(cruising through town to make sure no one was left behind at the end of the night), Chris&Mike, Michigan Matt, Eric, Veen, Greg from Ensenada, Garth, the flyrite guys, Duke and his boys, the girls from temecula and everyone else.

And all the old friends I got to reconnect with Kim, Magoo, Rob, Bill, TC, Keith
Thanks again
See you next time (2007)

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Flatironmike said:
I saw the pack rolling past the fucking Pemex station I found and figured you gave up on me.

One of the (many) highlights of this trip was threading the needle at the border in Tijuana with Cro and .... shit I can't recall who else (sorry). Whoa!
Glad you made it back Mike! Also glad we ran in to you at the border. That was some nutty shit huh? Glad we got to ride that last little stretch together and share a Taco.. thanks again.. see ya next year man!

·
Registered
71 Posts
This was the first big ride I've done, and will for sure return again next year. All in all a great time, hung with some old friends, met some new, did some great riding, drank too much beer. <O:p</O:p

One of the things that stands out in my head&#8230;&#8230;..TC, Kim and I were the first to set off on Saturday morning. After battling the wind, rain and freezing my ass off we fueled up at the first station. Behind the station was a little house that's served us hot coffee and breakfast. We sat in this ladies living room, BS'd, hung with some locals and I think it cost us about $2 a plate&#8230;too cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
RDub said:
One of the things that stands out in my head&#8230;&#8230;..TC, Kim and I were the first to set off on Saturday morning. After battling the wind, rain and freezing my ass off we fueled up at the first station. Behind the station was a little house that's served us hot coffee and breakfast. We sat in this ladies living room, BS'd, hung with some locals and I think it cost us about $2 a plate&#8230;too cool.
Is it true that Kim dumped his coffee on his hands to warm them up?

·
Registered
391 Posts
RDub said:
Well...more like he couldent stop shaking and dumped it all over himself.
I couldn't even get the damn cup to my mouth, after spilling half of it with the shakes I threw it away in frustration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We made it home alive.
I had a great fuckin' time. Thanks Bill and everyone responsible for coming up with this. I have never been so tired after a vacation.

It was two long days getting home.
Five miles past the first toll I wiped out a front wheel bearing and went in the trailer.

Levi snapped the gear off the end of his mag at the next toll booth and was on the trailer.

We got seperated in TJ and the bikes crossed at the east crossing after riding through the armpit of TJ. Scott broke a riser and when we found them he went on the trailer.

We left Chula Vista in the morning, hitting rain and 35 deg temps.
Jason on the Puta hit a construction cone and broke his break lever so his bike went in the truck.

The six bikes still on the road made it to Tucson by 9pm.

Some of the NM guys, Levi, Mica, Rick, Scott, and Ruben rented a truck and hauled ass home that night to get to work by morning.
Trent, Jason, Tom, and Zac split this morning.
Last I heard they made it to Alb.

I met some great people, I can't wait to do it again.

PS> If anybody knows how to get ahold of the "beautiful virgin" working in the tity bar in San Felipe please call the shop and ask for Anthony.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
greggski said:
what ever happened to the folks from NM? Trent's group.
Gregg
We rode nearly 2000 miles. Got snowed in at Showlow Arizona, picked up George and his bunch and beat ass to get down there. Hit rain, and 35 degrees on the way out of SoCal, but made the run from San Diego to Tucson straight out in about 12 hours. Jason hit a cone and broke his right side mid control, but that was the only problem on the run from Cali back.

Once there, we got wrecked, met great people, and had a great time.

I just got back into Abq, and will get on with the pics posting.

Proud to say the ED Special was one of two rigids to make it back to Tucson in one piece. Donkey Punch was the other..

Fucking badass ride, and great time all around.

·
Banned
648 Posts
greggski said:
what ever happened to the folks from NM? Trent's group.
Gregg
Trent just reported in and we heard from George's wife earlier today that they made it back safe and sound. I think we're still waiting to hear that the Flyrite crew made it home. They had the longest haul.

Trumpnut, maybe we can plan a little informal run around mid novemeber. I'm going to be pre running the baja 1000 that time of year and I could fanagle a few rides in some prerunners... It's nice that time of year.n The banner is hanging in our warehouse.

-Bill

21 - 40 of 54 Posts