Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is....

FUCKING A!!!, FUCKING A!!! Best riding on all fronts I've done in years.., never wanted to let off the throttle once... ran the fucking blue bitch hard, never let me down.. 600+ miles and I rode every stretch of it with all I needed strapped to the bars!! GAWD DAMN it was great!!

We will all be talking about this for years to come! So many road stories way TOO many good times!!

Hats off to Bill and his crew for organizing the run... some great people on the run, I've met people that I am sure will be friends for life.

FUCKING A...

·
Registered
789 Posts
crocustoms said:
All I can say is....

FUCKING A...
That sums it up for must of us, Cro. I'm a little disappointed with the bad luck I had with my Sportfighter, but I couldn't have asked for a cooler crew. I hope everyone had the same good time you did. Thanks for understanding and embracing the spirit and intent of the el Diablo Run. Guys like you are why guys like Bill and I gave this deal our best shot. Thanks for all your support.

McGoo

·
Banned
648 Posts
If there was one dude this run was made for it was Cro. This fucker ran it hard all day and night, was 100% self reliant and together. Low maint, bad ass bike, killer attitude, just an easy going bastard with skills and soul. Not a lot of people like this dude out there fellas.

I can't wait till next year already.

BTW, I'm serious about Costa Rica Caleb, I just got to get some money ahead and then it's on...

-Bill

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Billdozer1811 said:
If there was one dude this run was made for it was Cro. This fucker ran it hard all day and night, was 100% self reliant and together. Low maint, bad ass bike, killer attitude, just an easy going bastard with skills and soul. Not a lot of people like this dude out there fellas.

I can't wait till next year already.

BTW, I'm serious about Costa Rica Caleb, I just got to get some money ahead and then it's on...

-Bill

·
Registered
98 Posts
crocustoms said:
All I can say is....

FUCKING A!!!, FUCKING A!!! Best riding on all fronts I've done in years.., never wanted to let off the throttle once... ran the fucking blue bitch hard, never let me down.. 600+ miles and I rode every stretch of it with all I needed strapped to the bars!! GAWD DAMN it was great!!

We will all be talking about this for years to come! So many road stories way TOO many good times!!

Hats off to Bill and his crew for organizing the run... some great people on the run, I've met people that I am sure will be friends for life.

FUCKING A...
Hell YEAH!!!!

"FUCKING A" is the only way to describe the SHIT we went through this weekend.

From the CRAZIEST SHIT to the COOLEST SHIT

I've added a bunch of people to my list of COOLEST MOTHER-FUCKERS I EVER MET!!!!!

BILL and MAGOO put together a KILLER ride!!!!!

-Later
Brooks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even though I was only a lowly chase truck dude on the trip, I had such a fuckin' blast, man...If anything was gonna get me inspired to pay off the Trump, that was it. Holy shit!... Great bunch of people, and as Cro put it so well: "I've met people that I am sure will be friends for life."

Bill and McGoo, what can I say? Awesome.

I got a bunch of you suckers' contact info and now I know where some you live! You ain't gettin rid of me...On the next ride, I'll be on two wheels.

Later,

-Lardog

·
Registered
789 Posts
lardog said:
I got a bunch of you suckers' contact info and now I know where some you live! You ain't gettin rid of me...On the next ride, I'll be on two wheels.
Tony, you stole the show and made my day this weekend. The EDR wouldn't have been the same without you. I'm so glad you made it. Ditto Veen, Brooks, TC, Rob and about a half dozen other old friends I haven't seen in nearly a decade.

And to all the new guys in our crew, thanks for making the ride. Great vibes, great bikes and great times appear to have been had by all. I'm glad you joined us.

In the next couple weeks we will assemble a DVD with high-res photos from the dozen or so pro/am shooters who chronicled the mayhem. Please visit the EDR website for details on availability. If you want to donate photos from your personal stash to the cause, please contact billdozer.

As larson mentioned, the lowly chase vehicle drivers were the unsung heroes of this ride. With all the vintage iron and half-baked project bikes in our posse (bikes like mine, I'm sad to admit), chase trucks and trailers were a necessity. To everyone who donated their time and vehicles for the cause, thanks a million (especially Billdozer himself, who ponied up for the flatbed trailer that saved our ass.)

McGoo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stoked to meet you, Crow... and a lot of other folks on the run — Brooks, Nick, Chris & Mike, Garth, Keith, Ed, and on and on. And so great to see all my old friends.

I spent a few years, recently, racing MX in a SoCal vet club and I didn't really ever seem to relate to the riders there like I did with most of the dudes on the ED Run... lots of very cool, creative, non-pretencious heads. Damn good trip that'll last me the rest of my life — meaning I'm just getting started.

Here's to new beginnings and Bill & Hal for stepping up. Fantastic. Clink.
—Andy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Goddamn!! You guys have NO IDEA how jealous I am of each and every one of you. If there is ANY way possible for me to get the time off next year, I'm there. I can't wait to hear more tales and see more pics.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i wanna go sooooooooooooooo bad.... but ridin the lil xs650 chopped would be a discgrace to such a cool run.... lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
51rat said:
i wanna go sooooooooooooooo bad.... but ridin the lil xs650 chopped would be a discgrace to such a cool run.... lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!
Hell I rode a hardtail 500 Daytona if ya wanna talk little. Ok So I blew it up on the last day out of Mexico it was still a blast and gave my bike a scar from the run that will always be a reminder. Run that shit proud dude!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not afraid to say that the El Diablo Run was a life-changing experience for me. As my first ride I'm sure it will be the most remembered and talked about, but I can imagine next year's to be even better.

I owe Nick, McGoo, and a few others many, many thanks and cervesas for the help they gave in getting my bike back on the road after it shit the bed on Thursday. I can't even tell you how much I learned in one day on this trip. Nick, you're a great teacher. Thanks for telling me what to do and forcing me to learn it by getting my hands greasy. I owe you a battery, and much more.

Like everyone else I met a number of super cool dudes, and got to see some old friends. There were some bad motherfuckers on this trip and I'm stoked to have gotten the chance to ride with them.

With so many amazing bikes I'm not sure why mine made the top three (especially with it's problems), but I'm honored.

Thanks for the kick-ass time.

—Keith

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mulligan4130 said:
El Diablo Run was a life-changing experience for me.
For me as well man. It gave me a new sense of joy that has been lost at all the other sponsered events. I hope that we can keep the El Diablo run spirit for many years to come.

Mulligan4130 said:
With so many amazing bikes I'm not sure why mine made the top three (especially with it's problems), but I'm honored.
Kieth, your bike made the top 3 because it was kick ass, original, clean and stood out, also, because it represented the spirit of the run.
You did a great job and should be very proud.

Hope to see you again next year.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Mulligan4130 said:
I'm not afraid to say that the El Diablo Run was a life-changing experience for me. As my first ride I'm sure it will be the most remembered and talked about, but I can imagine next year's to be even better.

I owe Nick, McGoo, and a few others many, many thanks and cervesas for the help they gave in getting my bike back on the road after it shit the bed on Thursday. I can't even tell you how much I learned in one day on this trip. Nick, you're a great teacher. Thanks for telling me what to do and forcing me to learn it by getting my hands greasy. I owe you a battery, and much more.

Like everyone else I met a number of super cool dudes, and got to see some old friends. There were some bad motherfuckers on this trip and I'm stoked to have gotten the chance to ride with them.

Thanks for the kick-ass time.

-Keith
So did the bike make it home ? Don't worry about the Battery . I'm just glad as hell this ride turned out so awsome !!!! Thanks Bill And MacGoo

1 - 20 of 54 Posts