Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what these came off ? Small smaller motorcycle ? Something like the mustang scooters maybe ? They are stamped B.U.B. on the inside. Did a search, came up with someone asking the same thing but no one had anything useful for him . Someone added some crude tabs to the center of them .

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I've had a few sets of them and was never able to find much info about them. I sold an NOS pair on here last fall and it actually had a full length BUB dash and BUB guages, which I had never seen before. I know they supposedly originated as a small aftermarket tank that drag racers seemed to favor since they're fairly small. The tabs are very crude, but believe it or not, they're stock. All three sets that I've owned had the exact same tabs and they always looked like they were welded on by blind children. They're cool tanks, but like I said, I've never found much info. Good luck with 'em!

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Something like that was the first "Sport Bob" tanks for Ironhead sportys.

Dragon had a pic of a set mounted on a bike, try searching his old posts, it might still come up....

My mentor chris ward told me of thoes, didnt hold much more gas than the P nut tank.....

..........Roach.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something like that was the first "Sport Bob" tanks for Ironhead sportys.

Dragon had a pic of a set mounted on a bike, try searching his old posts, it might still come up....

My mentor chris ward told me of thoes, didnt hold much more gas than the P nut tank.....

..........Roach.
Ill look into that thanks. They will hold alot less when im done with them .

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
And just so there is no confusion, these are not the latter B.U.B. fatbobs with the custom dash, These are the sport bobs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts