Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B & B was a shop my grandpa was involved with in the 70s. His role was mostly building frames and springers. At the time they we known for twisting stock for springers and what not. Heres some of the bikes they built, right out of his album so quality is a little low. His personal bike is the blue molded panhead also the last picture in this post, the panhead in a swinger frame with a high padded sissy, twisted front end and z bars. The shop was located on Spring Grove Avenue in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

- Grandpas panhead above

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

-another version of grandpas panhead

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So cool! Thanks for posting. 1st and 5th pictures are my favourites. His moulded pan was so cool though.
Thanks Andrew, from what im told the guy who owned the bike in the 5th picture, laid it down, leaving the shop the day it was finished. The proceeded to pull it right back into the shop to be fixed.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Real good period pics, thank you. All those bikes look so familiar!

Side note: Nice to see that the characters in your grandpa's posse all look relaxed and happy, like among friends, instead of trying to frighten the camera to death with the Violent Psychopath Biker Glare. (Also known as the "I never knew I was a hardcase till I bought my 'factory custom'" scowl.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Side note: Nice to see that the characters in your grandpa's posse all look relaxed and happy, like among friends, instead of trying to frighten the camera to death with the Violent Psychopath Biker Glare. (Also known as the "I never knew I was a hardcase till I bought my 'factory custom'" scowl.)
for sure, from the stories, they were more of a party crew. If they were getting into trouble it was bc someone got too drunk at a bar haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

you may have seen them on my Instagram if you are on there

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Thank you for posting. I love these early 1968-1972 choppers. It looks like they bought parts from AEE

·
Super Moderator
4,075 Posts
Very cool. Thank you for posting up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts