Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like motorcycles. I have two or three garages full of mostly non-functional ones. But there are a few I lust for with all of my loins. I long for a Ducati. But not just any Ducati. This very Ducati....

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/126823615.html

That is the only one I want (well, besides the new Hypertard that may or may not ever be built). That 900 is the BEST Ducati ever built in my opinion and just look at the price!! Dammit!! Any one wanna buy a garage full of semi-functional bikes for 3K?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Crow said:
I like motorcycles. I have two or three garages full of mostly non-functional ones. But there are a few I lust for with all of my loins. I long for a Ducati. But not just any Ducati. This very Ducati....

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/126823615.html

That is the only one I want (well, besides the new Hypertard that may or may not ever be built). That 900 is the BEST Ducati ever built in my opinion and just look at the price!! Dammit!! Any one wanna buy a garage full of semi-functional bikes for 3K?
I too owned one....but by far, it was the 916 I owned that WAS the very BEST Ducati!!!!! But for the price you cant go wrong.

-Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
Yeah, but you can't really compare the 2v to the 4v. And the 916 is one of the greatest bikes of ALL time. The 916 family was a little too radical for me for everyday. The 900ss is a great compromise. Nothing sounds like a Duc!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Django said:
Yeah, but you can't really compare the 2v to the 4v. And the 916 is one of the greatest bikes of ALL time. The 916 family was a little too radical for me for everyday. The 900ss is a great compromise. Nothing sounds like a Duc!
Total agreement here, Django. For someone who actually loves to tinker on their bike and adjust their own valves and have stone reliability, the old 2v 900ss is THE one. You are a lucky man. The 4 valvers are just too much for the practical sporting rider.

I will never sell my XR, my H1 pile, my GPZ550,and one day, my 900ss. That bike is a lifer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Crow said:
Total agreement here, Django. For someone who actually loves to tinker on their bike and adjust their own valves and have stone reliability, the old 2v 900ss is THE one. You are a lucky man. The 4 valvers are just too much for the practical sporting rider.

I will never sell my XR, my H1 pile, my GPZ550,and one day, my 900ss. That bike is a lifer.
Practical?? Hell, who thinks practical??

Oh never mind.

-Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
That bike is the cats pajamas, got that sexy full track feel that dookies and mv's give yah (tubular steel frame and shit). I say, if you can find one for a price that reasonable, you can find another. So sit on it, get your coins up and buy it when convienant. The new hypertard does look mean, rated at 100 hp's i believe. looks pretty dam mean. lets hope they build em .
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top