Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back a fellow jock(? , what are we calling ourselves anyway), was asking about the handling characteristics of the Avons,( 19"SM up front /18" MKII in back) Well I finally have mine on...(long story filled whoaand bad races and bad bearings)....and I totally dig 'em.

High speed on 183.. woo hoo! Cornering feels fine, and I think they will feel even better once broke in. I have heard that in wet weather they ain't the greatest, but we'll see.

I sure do use a lot of ()...and...when I write.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am also running Avom SMII 500 x 16 on my Chief, I really like them no problems at all and they look right with a tall sidewall. Glad someone else is having good luck, now if they would just lower the price a little.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
oldspeed said:
now if they would just lower the price a little.
I get them for around $90 here:

http://www.tireexpress.com/category.cfm?Category=2158

I don't work there and am not a paid shill for them but I've been a satisified customer for a few years. They ship quickly and don't drop or mess up your order like MANY bike-related companies do.

jason

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got mine through V-Twin and my bike guru.....this gives me a chance to plug my man for all you Central Texans.

Do not do anything with your Ironhead, Knuck, Pan or Shovel without contacting Austin's own Johnny "Kool Daddy" Galvan first!

The man is independent, works out of his home shop and lives and breaths old iron.

PM me if'n ya want to contact him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts