Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
scootermcrad said:
Any tips on correct transmission alignment and testing for parallelism with the crank?
Try a straight edge or similar across the engine and gearbox/clutch sprockets if poss,or if the sprockets are off and you have bare shafts try straightedge across where inner primary case would mount,obviously this would determine alignment on stock set up so should be good enough here.Hope this helps,if you need more info my good friend has been riding and messing with pre units for about 25 years so I could always ask him for you. JackBlack.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... good ideas! Thanks JB! I didn't think of doing it that way. I'll give that shot.

I noticed when puting it together that the top and bottom bolts had a lot of play. Is it normal for some play between the bolts and the case?

Zgears, Pre-unit, Wes, anyone, any thoughts?
JackBlack said:
Try a straight edge or similar across the engine and gearbox/clutch sprockets if poss,or if the sprockets are off and you have bare shafts try straightedge across where inner primary case would mount,obviously this would determine alignment on stock set up so should be good enough here.Hope this helps,if you need more info my good friend has been riding and messing with pre units for about 25 years so I could always ask him for you. JackBlack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts