Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[[/HTML]I was digging thru my hoard deciding what to sell since I got some new stuff when I found this throttle assembly it is for 7/8 bars And that's a genuine hd waffle grip but it does not have a hole in the end for a plug like all the others I have saw. I real think small chain is cool it's defiantly not home made and it's been together since new. I ether got it out of Harry molenaar stuff after he passed or it came out of the last stash of Mr Richards Harley parts than won the Daytona race in 1956 on a duel carb KR any ideas?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I believe it's early Sprint, or maybe even Sprint CR if it came in race stuff. I looked at some immages of CR flattrackers and most of them have a "quick throttle" with a bigger drum, but they all looked different from each other, so this may be what came stock. The chain deal is found on a lot of Italian throttles.

·
Banned
2,013 Posts
M.O.Ther is right, it is Aermacchi and looks like early Sprint. Nothing special, just stock set-up.
Robbie

·
Registered
790 Posts
have one on my little custom to,think it looks better with chain exposed though :)

·
Banned
2,013 Posts
That is actually far from being a "hotrod" throttle. Due to the small diameter it opens very slowly, not what is needed for a racing "quickthrottle' set-up. If you look at most competition throttles they are designed with mechanical advantage to open the throttle faster than stock. That one will not do it!
Robbie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.