Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta vent... Went downtown last night to see a band, parked on 6th Street down by Emos. Plenty of room around the bike. Back to the bike around 1:30 and got on and started home. Immediately noticed that the right side controls were moved and gas was running down the side of the tank. Brake lever is scratched, rear turn signal scratched & loose, and the f'n handlebars are bent. I'm guessing someone bumped it with their car, knocked it over, then picked it back up and took off. :mad: fucking pissed!

luckily i have new bars on the way. I guess i need to order new cables & shit... hadn't planned on doing that until i had some extra $.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sojerscraper said:
ugh! someone did that to my old honda back in the day. right after i had it painted! i feel your pain dude. some people just need thier fucking teeth kicked in.

look at the bright side, at least they picked it up.
true, and it's minor damage. still pisses me off to no end though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Last year I rode my bike through the really rough rain season we had here in LA for those 2 weeks. I parked my bike on the street and the flooded curb pushed my bike over, broken mirror, bent control, broken M/C hinge. Shit happens on the street, what are the rule for parking your bike on the sidewalk?
Maybe that could be a good discussion.
I found in Santa Monica,CA there not an official "no parking" on the side walk.
And Im not talking about those thin sidewalk, I mean the double thick ones you can almost park your car on.

Sorry to hear about your bike.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i've always thought that would happen on 6th but it never has to me. Definetly not allowed to park on the sidewalk of 6th, nor would you want to with the loads of drunk college kids. Usually the cars on 6th are the bar employees and have some sense.
I'd guess it was some tipsy asshole walking by and maybe even sitting on it.

CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE IF YOU SAW IT HAPPEN?
it would almost be worth seeing him do it just to beat the shit out of him.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lord help the poor s.o.b. that does something like that and i witness it.

Generally i'll pop it up on the sidewalk in front of Red Eyed Fly or Beerland, they keep an eye on things usually.

j

shook said:
i've always thought that would happen on 6th but it never has to me. Definetly not allowed to park on the sidewalk of 6th, nor would you want to with the loads of drunk college kids. Usually the cars on 6th are the bar employees and have some sense.
I'd guess it was some tipsy asshole walking by and maybe even sitting on it.

CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE IF YOU SAW IT HAPPEN?
it would almost be worth seeing him do it just to beat the shit out of him.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some places it's ok to pull up on the sidewalk... 6th street is full of drunk people wandering from bar to bar so it's probably not a good idea there.

Abe_Lugo said:
Last year I rode my bike through the really rough rain season we had here in LA for those 2 weeks. I parked my bike on the street and the flooded curb pushed my bike over, broken mirror, bent control, broken M/C hinge. Shit happens on the street, what are the rule for parking your bike on the sidewalk?
Maybe that could be a good discussion.
I found in Santa Monica,CA there not an official "no parking" on the side walk.
And Im not talking about those thin sidewalk, I mean the double thick ones you can almost park your car on.

Sorry to hear about your bike.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
when i used to ride to work in philly i think i got 1 ticket for parking on the sidewalk out of 2 years of doing it monday through friday. it was like $20. no sweat. i always park with the right side of the bike next to a building so its much harder to knock over. id rather deal with a scraped bar end then a broken brake or shifter.

one time a friend with a Vstar & i were down in A.C. watching some fireworks. we were walking back to the bikes & an indian couple were picking up thier kids & letting them sit on our bikes & twist the throttles. when we walked up, (both shaved heads & lots of tattoos) they pretty much shit & ran out of there. we didnt even say anything but we're both pissed. but hey, i thought of it like this. maybe now those kids will grow up to be bikers or at least have an interest in them. aside from being flooded - the bikes were fine.

·
Registered
936 Posts
sojerscraper said:
ugh! someone did that to my old honda back in the day. right after i had it painted! i feel your pain dude. some people just need thier fucking teeth kicked in.

look at the bright side, at least they picked it up.
My old Honda too. Was spending the night at a lady friends house years ago. Nobody touched it over night. Went out to breakfast the next morning - when I came back it was on its side, gas leaking all scratched up, and the rear tire flat.

·
Registered
331 Posts
ol_scratch said:
My old Honda too. Was spending the night at a lady friends house years ago. Nobody touched it over night. Went out to breakfast the next morning - when I came back it was on its side, gas leaking all scratched up, and the rear tire flat.
LOL, she musta had a boyfriend....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sidewalks of Beerland & R.E.F. are the only places on Red River to park...right in front of Lovejoys is also good spot. Usually there are some other bikes there and a bunch of the employees ride and generally watch out for them+ the no smoking causes a lot of the folks to hang around outside which helps out too.

Emos also is in the middle of the flow of amatuer posers/drinkers & drivers...sorry to hear about the damage. The idiots have knocked over my Triumph a couple of times too..

jarod7736 said:
Lord help the poor s.o.b. that does something like that and i witness it.

Generally i'll pop it up on the sidewalk in front of Red Eyed Fly or Beerland, they keep an eye on things usually.

j

·
Registered
182 Posts
funny how there's like a zillion cops down there pedalling around on their little bicycles in their short pants but they NEVER seem to be around when shit like that happens. not that they'd do any good if they were. too busy tazering people for fun.

·
Registered
936 Posts
shook said:
LOL, she musta had a boyfriend....
If she did, it wasn't the Hondas fault he couldn't turn her crank, the Thumbalina mother-fucker.

Oh well, after that it went from being a cafe to getting chopped. So no big loss.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Eveldave said:
funny how there's like a zillion cops down there pedalling around on their little bicycles in their short pants but they NEVER seem to be around when shit like that happens. not that they'd do any good if they were. too busy tazering people for fun.
Thats because with the tight pants, they're too busy sweating each others asses, to be bothered to notice actual crimes.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Firedome-TX said:
Sidewalks of Beerland & R.E.F. are the only places on Red River to park...right in front of Lovejoys is also good spot. Usually there are some other bikes there and a bunch of the employees ride and generally watch out for them+ the no smoking causes a lot of the folks to hang around outside which helps out too.

Emos also is in the middle of the flow of amatuer posers/drinkers & drivers...sorry to hear about the damage. The idiots have knocked over my Triumph a couple of times too..
What the dude's name that works over at Beerland? He has a cool red cafe Norton. Thanks for the info on parking I'm sure I've meet some of you guys at New Ulm last year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, that shit burns me up.
About thee months old, sitting at the barracks and some Lance cooley backed into it and knocked it over. Guys came to my door telling me someone knocked the bike over and I didnt believe them because they did it all the time. Eventually the duty came up and asked if it was my bike and I freaked, ran down and the post marshalls office was already there. At least the kid was honest about it. His insurance paid for everything and I ended up making out on the deal.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Must have been a bad night for that shit.

Me and the wife went to a movie and came out to a note on my truck. Turns out the guy who left the note saw the dude hit my truck (2004 Superduty) and bail, well he got his plate number and gave me a description of the truck. I spotted the truck two rows over! While waiting for the guy to come out so I could.. um.. discuss his hit and run technique, I noticed a guy flipping out right where I was parked. Well, the assflap that hit me also hit the guy on the other side of me (2005 Lexus). He fucked up my trucks passenger bedside, and totally wiped out the Lexus dudes passenger door. No doubt he was fucking wasted.

Long story short, the guy never came out.. Fucking mall security wouldnt leave. But the cops got there, took all the facts, and are going to rack him up with tickets like a motherfucker. Both of our insurance companies are going after him too, and his truck was towed on the spot!

I am going to buy dinner for the guy and his wife who left me a note. Thats some good shit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trent said:
Must have been a bad night for that shit.

Me and the wife went to a movie and came out to a note on my truck. Turns out the guy who left the note saw the dude hit my truck (2004 Superduty) and bail, well he got his plate number and gave me a description of the truck. I spotted the truck two rows over! While waiting for the guy to come out so I could.. um.. discuss his hit and run technique, I noticed a guy flipping out right where I was parked. Well, the assflap that hit me also hit the guy on the other side of me (2005 Lexus). He fucked up my trucks passenger bedside, and totally wiped out the Lexus dudes passenger door. No doubt he was fucking wasted.

Long story short, the guy never came out.. Fucking mall security wouldnt leave. But the cops got there, took all the facts, and are going to rack him up with tickets like a motherfucker. Both of our insurance companies are going after him too, and his truck was towed on the spot!

I am going to buy dinner for the guy and his wife who left me a note. Thats some good shit.
It probably would have been allot nicer to kick him in his teeth, but at least some justice was served. Thats pretty cool theres still some decent people out there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.