Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
A Buddy of mine shamed me into dusting off the ol' lettering brushes and do this moon disc for a panel jam he was going to. I haven't really done any lettering in over 10 years. Working on aluminum always sucks, no matter how much you clean it. I wish these guys luck pulling lines on this thing, but hell, they're professionals.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
A Buddy of mine shamed me into dusting off the ol' lettering brushes and do this moon disc for a panel jam he was going to. I haven't really done any lettering in over 10 years. Working on aluminum always sucks, no matter how much you clean it. I wish these guys luck pulling lines on this thing, but hell, they're professionals.

great lettering mike!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm digging that tank with the drops on them. Mind sharing how you created that look?
Not speaking for Blue Moon, but I learned back when lacquer was the norm and find it was easier to do, than with urethane. I've always used a dual action airbrush, but you can pull it off with a good detail gun. Over reduce your paint to almost the consistentcy of water. Adjust your spray pattern to shoot a small circle about the size of a dime or quarter. Dump a bunch of paint on, then immediately hit it with air only. The air will push the paint into running, which forms the droplets or runs if you will. You can push the droplets around making them longer if that's what your after. Lacquer had a little more working time than the modern urethanes out now, which is why I say it was easier.
Maybe Blue Moon can explain it better. It's a cool and easy technique. Have fun with it, but use it sparingly, like BM did in panels on that tank.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm digging that tank with the drops on them. Mind sharing how you created that look?
Use to be done by shooting the paint,,then just shooting air,,and it blew up the paint , causing that effect, rather simple really you could get the hang of it in about 20 minutes, use to do it long ago with lacquer paint, I don't know if todays paint would require a different process or not

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Stolen from GKM blog.

Sneak peek at the GKM trophy for Yokohama.

Started out as a Sporty rocker box that I got off eBay really cheaply. The insides are completely trashed. I took it to a super fix-it pal that will repair almost anything, and after much squinting and drawing air through pursed lips, he declared it "fudged". So I recycled it.

http://www.greasykulture.blogspot.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.