Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
nice photo^^ I'll play . . . not sure why the other thread was yanked.
From the other thread:

Originally Posted by Soulfur
I'll be the contrarian and say: Maybe because there wasn't much (if any) traditional american motorcycle art in it...

The mods apparently closed it down for a lack of traditional motorcycle art. The first post was a bunch of pics of an OT wide tire mess, done well but it still didn't fit the JJ. I love the art thread but sometimes the art doesn't fit this site.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The mods shut a thread down because it lacked "traditional american motorcycle art" in it. Not my words. Drawings of skulls on paper and shit like that, while it may be art, apparently doesn't belong here according to the mods. Don't get upset because the mods shut the thread down, keep the content to traditional motorcycle art and then we can all enjoy it.

I personally don't think a jap bike with half naked women airbrushed on it belongs on this site. Sorry. It might be art but it doesn't belong here. Mods choice.

·
Registered
426 Posts
there isnt anything traditional about any of the art ever posted each week, its art it doesnt need to be catagorized and made to fit a mold, one thread a week thats been going on for years cant be left alone, left for purely the chance to show off your talents, inspire, and push other people to continue and strive to be better at thier own??

personally i think johnthepainter has been being bullied since day one and this just continues to prove it, along with the disrespect it showed to anyone else who contributed to yesterday or any other weeks for that matter.

·
Registered
935 Posts
freedom of expression is not to be taken lightly,nor is it to be taken away.you can have my crayon when you pull it from my cold dead hand

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Whos upset? I was simply making a point that can be applied with the smallest amount of mental activity. Its an art thread, and whether or not you think it belongs or not, doesnt really have any weight on the convo or the decision. Thats not the discussion, the discussion is that rules were applied to a thread labeled "Friday Art" and for all of the years I have been on this site, all and any type of art was allowed. Whether it as an iron sculpture, paint work, leather work, sketches, etc etc etc.. Exactly how it should be, its an art thread, where you express creativity on any medium. If you dont like whats posted ... move on just like any other thread. And naked women painted on a jap bike doesnt belong? The human body is the most demanding and most difficult thing to paint and paint right. And has been the center of all Art since the beginning of time. So to say a certain piece of art doesnt belong is quite ignorant in entirety . Its all art. Its all expression, its all talent. If you delete one, you have to delete it all. Or get rid of the thread totally, you cant put rules on art... thats why its art...it has no rules...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
This site is not to be taken lightly either. It can be taken away by the owner whether your hands are cold and dead or not. I'd rather see it stay here just the way it is. I do my own thing as well but it's not appropriate for the JJ so I don't post it. Follow their rules and things will be just fine here, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Rules do numerous things, they smother creativity, imagination, and drive members away.. They also show the lack of evolution and acceptance to open thinking...When it comes to art, you cant apply rules, and if you do... it dies. Just like this Fri Art thread, it used to be jammed full every Fri with TONS of posts and would go on for weeks... now its just a few posts and gets buried quick... Proof of what rules do...

This site is not to be taken lightly either. It can be taken away by the owner whether your hands are cold and dead or not. I'd rather see it stay here just the way it is. I do my own thing as well but it's not appropriate for the JJ so I don't post it. Follow their rules and things will be just fine here, I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Rules do numerous things, they smother creativity, imagination, and drive members away.. They also show the lack of evolution and acceptance to open thinking...When it comes to art, you cant apply rules, and if you do... it dies. Just like this Fri Art thread, it used to be jammed full every Fri with TONS of posts and would go on for weeks... now its just a few posts and gets buried quick... Proof of what rules do...
I'm sure the mods will read this and make their own decision, like they did with the last thread. I'd rather see their rules respected so everyone can enjoy it.

But, do whatever you want and they'll edit as they see fit...or eliminate it, which would be a shame.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.