Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nads said:
10 years ago you couldn't give those fucking things away.
Funny how that works isnt it, my dad traded a 69 1/2 6 pak road runner in on a 72 vega and got 2k for it the same car sells for 60k today. Well if they want them bad enough a couple hundred bucks for a headlight will probably get them there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
fouraceswes said:
four days, zero bids, that says a lot about "worth"
Damn things are over $600.00 now!!! Fucking ridiculous to pay that much money for some headlights.

I personally think they are cool but not so cool as to break the bank for them! I for one will not fall prey to the "whatever it will draw is what it is worth" syndrome people have now. Parts are parts. Always have been and always will be. The biggest reason parts have become so expensive is because there are a lot of people looking for instant cool and will pay to get it. Just look at all the rust bucket hotrods. Like Nads said you couldn't give this shit away a few years ago. It was "junk" then and it is still "junk" just now someone says it is cool to have "junk" therefore "junk" has turned into gold!

Fucking Midas!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Why does the perception of other people make a difference in what you think is cool?

By that rationale, if everyone all of a sudden wanted your bike, would that make you dislike it?

Luke Nosewalker said:
The fact that everyone wants them and will do anything or pay anything or them makes me dislike them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
Why does the perception of other people make a difference in what you think is cool?

By that rationale, if everyone all of a sudden wanted your bike, would that make you dislike it?
Probably, because he could get alot of money from it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts