Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello..I have a bike Indian Larry built in the 80s and my question is what is its worth? I have 2 magazines the bike has been in.One is with Lilly Tomlin sitting on it in a vanity fair magazine in some type of spread w a bunch of other celebs..And the other is an iron horse which credits larry and ive spoken to him directly at a couple diff shows and he called it the "rocket bike" . It has a oldsmobile 88 rocket emblem on side of gas tank(which they blacked out in the vanityfair mag..lol) I have also spoken to paul cox after larrys death and he clearly remembered the bike(to his dismay it seemed,guess he either doesnt like other people having a real IL bike or he gets a million peeps who r full of shit) and the person it was built for..I was debating selling it and Im not sure what a realistic price would be. I have and idea but I want to kno if anyone knows what they have sold for lately,in this economy, as opposed to when larry was at his height of popularity,on tv etc..I know Ive seen some of his bikes going for 35-50k and rat fink was rumored double those numbers..does anyone have a reliable way to give an educated price?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
an intro would be appereciated,then maybe ask your question in this thread.
This is the designated "how much is it worth" thread.....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
"bigbuck and littlebike" .
sounds like the name of an old easyrider comic strip :)
i'd say the only way to value a bike like that is to put it in a well known auction. just like everything else it's worth what somebody would pay for it.
is it 100% original as built or has it been jacked with ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3.5-4k???..lol..its not a "regular" bike..it appraised ,by paul cox for WAY more then that..not even in the same universe at 4k..it is 99% original..diff bars..like most of larrys bikes it had the half apes..its not a great pic but u can see the original bike here..theres alot of smaller intracate stuff larry did but u cant really see it from the pics..and i dont have any close ups available right now..

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,823 Posts
3.5-4k???..lol..its not a "regular" bike..it appraised ,by paul cox for WAY more then that..not even in the same universe at 4k..it is 99% original..diff bars..like most of larrys bikes it had the half apes..its not a great pic but u can see the original bike here..theres alot of smaller intracate stuff larry did but u cant really see it from the pics..and i dont have any close ups available right now..
Bottom line is that you're not going to hit the jackpot on selling this. Maybe if it was one of his more popular bikes and if it was a few years ago, maybe.

What is the appraisal that you have?

·
Registered
273 Posts
To hear a higher number you need to find a different audience. Someone in that audience will pay that higher number. Generally speaking, being a new poster, etc...you will be getting the usual jaded type responses.

I would imagine if you look in the right places, you would find someone that will pay close to what you are looking for. Don't expect this to be that place. lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
God guys can be such asshole tough guys when there's a computer screen between them and the other guy. I don't think you're trying to get rich, and if you are, whats it to me anyway!? Maybe you need a new work truck? Or have health problems? Or your wife wants Botox? Who cares!? Your bike, sell it for whatever reason. I'd take it to a good auction house that deals with high end cars and bikes with any press it might have, and maybe put it on eBay with a crazy high reserve and see what numbers pop up. Its a cool bike and a lengendary builder made it a long time ago so I'd say your 30k estimate isn't far off either way. Messing with a guy is one thing but being a dick is uncalled for when you're asking a real question. And as far as the intro goes, nobody fucking reads those things so it's a dumb formality if you ask me. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.