Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've never ridden a scoot with ape hangers. what's the attaction? it looks to me like they would NOT be very comfortable. am i wrong? is it comfort? is it asthetics? what am i missing?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
atch said:
i've never ridden a scoot with ape hangers. what's the attaction? it looks to me like they would NOT be very comfortable. am i wrong? is it comfort? is it asthetics? what am i missing?
Try them, if you don't like them take them off, if ya like 'em run 'em.Simple enough!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bustedlifter said:
Try them, if you don't like them take them off, if ya like 'em run 'em.Simple enough!
fair enough.

anyone out there put them on and not like them/took them off?

anyone put them on and loved them?

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
atch said:
Comfort! I like 16" apes, and narrow them about 2".. nothing is easier on my back than that setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
justinNY said:
i have a bike with 12" apes and one with drag bars on 3" risers and i much prefer the apes. riding position with short drag bars give me neck pain after a while.
I agree, I had drag bars on my ironhead for a while, super-bars on the softail and went back with the 12" apes on the sporty were the best feel and didnt hurt my back from being leaned over/stretched out the whole time riding.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had them on my iornhead as well... i built some Cafe' style bars and swapped them for a while. the responce level on the cafe's were awesome. deffinitly drug some peggs off on the ground. but for sheer cruising you cant beat the apes... kepp them shoulder level and cock them forward a bit...

or pick up some z bars.

Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
This reminded me of an older post about the legality of apes in California. I was driving by a cop a few nights ago and desided to ask him about the current laws. Some one mentioned that the law was now 6 inches above the shoulder. The cop confirmed it is still NO higher then shoulder height in the state of Califoooornia. Granted most cops are not up on current laws but I think this guy knew what he was talking about.
atch said:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I run 12 inch Z bars, I found my bike to be more responsive and seems to handle better, but then again if I went back to the stock straight bars it might feel good too.

It's like when you've been driving someelse's car then get back into yours , it just feels different.

But I love 'em wouldn't go back, keep in mind you may have to spend some dough on overstock length cables.

Having said all that I think apes and Z's should fit the bikes over all styling.

Comprende'?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts