Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've watched the Four Aces rebuild DVD several times and am getting ready to pull it out of the bike. I'm building a work bench down in my basement tonight so I'll have a work space. After watching the DVD, I decide that a motor stand will be a big help, especially since I'm going to be buying parts as I go.*

I currently can't afford to purchase one of the really nice ones on eBay. I wish i could, those things look REALLY well made. However, one of my best friends is a welder and he said he'd make me one for cost of materials if I can give him the specs. He doesn't have a triumph and I live an hour away, so I can't bring my motor over for measuring. I haven't pulled it yet, and it's hard to measure exact dimensions while it's on the bike!

I've seen some really nice home build stands on the forums. If anyone would be so kind as to share the dimensions/specs on one of the square bar L type 650 mounts, I would be very grateful. I just spent all my money on tutorial DVDs and manuals! But I should be able to swing 10$ for raw materials and a 6 pack for my buddy!

Anyway, if anyone happens to have any dimensions of tubes and tabs that have worked on their own rig, it'd be mucho appreciated!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seriously man, this needs to be somewhere as a stickey or something. I just sent the schematic to my best friend/welder and he couldn't believe i gave him such a detailed blueprint! Don't worry, I didn't take credit. He knows I'd never create something so professional looking. Hahah. What steel thickness did you use?

Seriously man, thanks again it was very helpful.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

I was gonna build me an stand from the lower part of an old bike frame. It was gonna be modern and snazzy with wheels too.

This old timer refused to let me do it. He said the best engine stand you could ever have is made out of wood. Because you can tumble the motor around on it. Any old racer has them. Build yourself a wooden box for it and notch out where there might be a lug or boss to have it sit level if you wish.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts