Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This stuff's been around a few years.

I actually used it on the wheels of my old 61 chevy wagon & it worked great!
I scuffed the wheels down and hit them with a spray bomb primer.
Scuffed again and did maybe 4 or 5 light coats of paint.
They came out looking like a million bucks (In my eyes anyhow...and I've got kind of low standards)
Also...I was very surprised how well in held up for a spray can.
I guess as long as the surface is cleaned and prepped OK you should have good luck...

Oh!
I almost forget...the "specks" are just that......
Its a really really small metallic....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
well that 's the problem with spray can clear.

there just is no clear coat in a can that can hold up to gasoline spillage (like on a gas tank)

the fact that the clear is in a can already mixed means it's not going to be the super hardener stuff that you can poor gasoline on all day when it's dry..

.............as far as i know.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snortonnorton said:
well that 's the problem with spray can clear.

there just is no clear coat in a can that can hold up to gasoline spillage (like on a gas tank)

the fact that the clear is in a can already mixed means it's not going to be the super hardener stuff that you can poor gasoline on all day when it's dry..

.............as far as i know.....
Thats why I was going to rattle can it, do some graphics and then find someone to shoot it with some regular urethane clear. At least thats my plan.

Brian

·
Registered
504 Posts
but as far as i know the next problem a paint store will tell you is that a good durable clear probably won't adhere to the duplicolor.

but you might be able to use a adhesive promoting product.. but now you're spending the money you might as well as used all of a high quality paint..

I don't know much about paint yet, it's too confusing. don't listen to my advice. LOL maybe i'm too negative.

but you can't bet that the main conern will be adhesion of the urethane clear to duplicolor. Plus, you're supposed to clear within 20 minutes of laying the color also because of adhesion....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts