Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says was gonna install 10.5" Burly Slammer shocks on my 83. I already know about the fender issue, gonna raise it if need be. Just wondering if anyone has done it and has any opinions.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
351 Posts
IMHO...Its a shitty riding shock, but does the "job". I've installed plenty for vertically challenged riders. Struts are another option. That being said, if you need to get lower to the ground, use them. If the issue is cosmetic (getting rid of a dirt bike look), I'd fuck with the fender first. TK.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the problem isn't getting lower to the ground, since I'm 6'5.. lol I got some old Progressive's on there now, 12 inches I do believe. They are old and I got em locked up to the highest point so the "shitty ride" is all I know. Wanted to slam the ass end some more, just like the look of it. Just wondered if anyone used these before? I got a set for nothing and had em kicking around. Guess I'm looking for something to do since it's gonna rain for a few days..
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
710 Posts
A friend at work has got them on an '81. Obviously it wont ride like stock, but still better than struts. I've ridden and thought it was decent, but then all my bikes are slammed to the ground. There's no life like low life!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts