Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this movie? It is by far my most favorite & most watched movie. I watched the tape so many times I wore it out & had to buy another. I think my 2nd tape is almost worn through too.

Its about 2 guys (ad rock from the beasties & john doe from X and pray for rain) who end up hanging out & riding together on a trip from LA to northern NV. the bikes are a 57 HD & an old bonnie, both pretty ratty but rad nontheless. As you can tell from the pic, the movie is based on the crazy people you meet while your just out ridin' (aka roadside prophets). im sure anyone on this site can relate to that. all the people they run into are pretty famous actors & its funny that they are just cameo's that last a few minutes.

even if youre not into the story, the bikes are cool & so is the scenery. its a simple flick with no huge dramatic BS or bloody gore. sometimes, thats just the kind of movie ya wanna see.

its was filmed in the early 90s & you can find it on amazon.com if you want to buy it. i assure you, its worth it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i love that movie..a pandhead,a triumph,a beastie boy and an ex punkrocker..what more can you ask for?

·
Registered
770 Posts
man, I dont want to pay 25 for a vhs. Imma find this shit some other way, for sure though, AD rock is the shit, i cant imagine how good that movie is. Anyone wanna swap a bootleg of the fastest indian for a lost prophets? I mean, legitimant copy, if the internet fuzz is watching.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha! thats funny. john doe seemed pretty f'n natural on the bike. both of them are really killer actors in this flick. made me think this is how they probably really are.

when i was laid up with a busted leg, i watched the movie several times in a row & took notes of all the signs & the credits, where they thank the national parks & towns they rode through & actually mapped out the route they rode. i will ride that route one day before i die. i just have to meet up with a dude with an ol panhead & ill see if my rigid trump can pound out the miles across the desert.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think that is one of the BEST biker movies out there....really I love it.

Of course, Electra Glide in Blue is pretty damm good but it isn't really about bikes......

Has anybody seen Scorpio Rising? I hear it is kind of gay (literally)...but supposedly really good.....underground...

·
Registered
12 Posts
ha! thats funny. john doe seemed pretty f'n natural on the bike. both of them are really killer actors in this flick. made me think this is how they probably really are.

when i was laid up with a busted leg, i watched the movie several times in a row & took notes of all the signs & the credits, where they thank the national parks & towns they rode through & actually mapped out the route they rode. i will ride that route one day before i die. i just have to meet up with a dude with an ol panhead & ill see if my rigid trump can pound out the miles across the desert.
I know this is a really old thread but I had to comment. I guess this is just about my favorite motorcycle movie, I too wore out my first tape and am working on the second lol. I restored this Triumph (sort of) I bought it off a guy whose kid was using it as a dirt bike in montana when I lived there.

I'm working on this one now:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I don't know anything about the movie, but those are a couple of nice bikes you've got there. Anymore pictures? Especially the Pan. :)

Geo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, the Triumph is gone I'm sorry to say, sold it some years ago to finance another project, Do have the pan though.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hmm. Musta got mixed up. I was thinking of "Estimated Prophet".

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's neat. Biker flicks are cool. There's one Quentin Terrantino did a few years ago that's pretty cool.
On a side note, I used to work with the character who died within the first two minutes of the film.
Anywho, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.