Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone recognize this survivor Knucklehead chopper? I picked up the frame, a Fury springer fork, '36-'39 Knucklehead trans, and misc parts at an auction in Indiana last week.

MORE PICS HERE

From a comment on instagram, someone said they recognize it and that it was in Street Chopper back in the day.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I think I do recognize that bike. Long time ago (circa 1973?). A Detroit area builder named Fats, a black man, made it. I don't recall the name of his shop, but he was big on goosenecks and, um, "robust" molding.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Ron Finch would probably know, and he probably wouldn't mind being asked -- he's a nice fella.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just checked the Goose Neck thread. Nothing about this bike in there.
Some info about Fats though, in case you're interested.

Anyway, please keep us updated on whatever you make of it!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Interesting. The only Fats I ever heard of who was associated with Goosenecks is the Los Angeles South Bay's own Fats Noriega of Fats Sportster Haven.
I love the bike though. Plenty of cool molding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting. The only Fats I ever heard of who was associated with Goosenecks is the Los Angeles South Bay's own Fats Noriega of Fats Sportster Haven.
I love the bike though. Plenty of cool molding.
Ouch. And I stand corrected. Thanks for the additional info (for ignorants like me).
:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
For me it looks typical South Bay ... Yosemite Sam`s creations dont show that particular "neck over head" Gooseneck but featuring the bondo-style right to the rear of the frame

1 - 12 of 12 Posts