Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this in eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JESS...35557QQitemZ4607290662QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You read correctly: the current high bid for an aluminum oil bag cap garnished with six 44 mag casings is a tidy $610. Jesse distanced himself from economic sodomy of this sort when he rolled out $99 fenders last year, but bastions of egregious price buggery still exist. God help anyone stupid enough to pay $600 for an oil cap...

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
sentinelT said:
Correction Halwade, $710 gas cap, and I was just gonna bid :(...
And still going...
Damn! $780! That is a whole lot of cash if the thing gets nicked from your tank at the gasoline station while you are chatting up the girl at the register.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wholly smoke ! good for who ever sold it and I guess I'm happy for the lucky fella who bought it at $780 its not something I need..

but it seems like I remember seeing the patents hanging on Billys wall

·
Registered
591 Posts
waltmcq said:
Wholly smoke ! good for who ever sold it and I guess I'm happy for the lucky fella who bought it at $780 its not something I need..

but it seems like I remember seeing the pations hanging on Billys wall
99 dollar fenders and 700 dollar oil caps...GIT 'EM JESSE!!!! GOD only knows what's actually goin' on, and he ain't talkin'.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The auction says something about "....lame Billy lane stuff" didnt billy do the 44 mag stuff before jesse?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Auction ended at $780. You could buy a small used lathe and make two for that price, and then sell one to recoup your investment.

halwade said:
I found this in eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JESSE-JAMES-WEST-COAST-CHOPPERS-44-MAG-OIL-BAG-CAP-WCC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35557QQitemZ4607290662QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You read correctly: the current high bid for an aluminum oil bag cap garnished with six 44 mag casings is a tidy $610. Jesse distanced himself from economic sodomy of this sort when he rolled out $99 fenders last year, but bastions of egregious price buggery still exist. God help anyone stupid enough to pay $600 for an oil cap...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Heck,You could by a real 44 mag and steal all you wanted.Anyone who pays that kind of $ for that has more dollars than sense.Must be some yuppy that wants to be able to brag about how much money he spent for this historic one of a kind piece.Frosty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts