Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its where the oil pressure switch screws in the timing side cover. I am not wanting to use this switch so I just want to plug the hole. Is it something like 1/8" NPT? Anyone know?

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All I can tell you for sure is that on my 71, I used a fitting from a 70's datsun. BSP maybe?
Depending on what year yours is, it may be different.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's 1/8 British parallel pipe thread. If you thread an npt fitting in there the taper will crack the cover. Look next time your at a swap how many are cracked

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic, I found a seller to sell me a blank plug for this.

Thanks BadNewsDan.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's 1/8 British parallel pipe thread. If you thread an npt fitting in there the taper will crack the cover. Look next time your at a swap how many are cracked
Nope, its not that. I just bought a plug with that thread and it doesn't fit :(

D.

·
Registered
372 Posts
You can make a take off of the thread using body filler and a bit of care. Then you can measure the exact pitch of thread. What I gathered from the thread I posted, is that there are 3 possible pitches depending on the exact year of your side cover, 26, 27, 28. Determining the correct pitch will get you well on your way to finding the right fitting.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was converting a pre unit timing cover to feed side oil filter and like everyone i thought it was 1/8 bsp and ran a 1/8 bsp tap down the hole , it removed a fair bit of metal so i doubt its bsp, but it works now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i bought a plug for this and thought it was right..... i couldnt even get it to start in the hole. So since I changed my tranny pushrod to the ball bearing between type with new allen adjuster. I tried the old flathead adjuster screw, screwed right in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts