Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
SABTRUMP said:
So I can figure out what this thing is ive been raping last week?
What do you need to know I know these things pretty good...probably decode it for ya to so you know what you got...like I said I had myne 14 years and have literature for all enfield models back in the day...don't need no forum just ask away and I will help any parts I can point you in the direction also...need any spares I maybe able to help there I sold quite a bit of it but still have alot left not many into the Enfields but one of these days I will put it on ebay and watch them gobble the stuff up...later Chaz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chopper Chaz said:
What do you need to know I know these things pretty good...probably decode it for ya to so you know what you got...like I said I had myne 14 years and have literature for all enfield models back in the day...don't need no forum just ask away and I will help any parts I can point you in the direction also...need any spares I maybe able to help there I sold quite a bit of it but still have alot left not many into the Enfields but one of these days I will put it on ebay and watch them gobble the stuff up...later Chaz
Chaz, thanks.... The biggest problem is what is it? The guy I bought it off got it as a donation from a church, he thought it was a honda. I think it a (70's) Interceptor 750, but I'm still not sure . I'm going to need a front fork, wheel, and thats it as of now. But once I figure out what it is, I'm going to need some books... Thanks again, Chris.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, BTW the numbers on the neck are 11920 and the numbers on the motor are GV 909, hope that helps

·
Registered
427 Posts
For starters I don't believe there is a online forum for Royal Enfield...I could be mistaken I was a member of the Enfield owners club of North America till around 98 or 99 and they went defunct....possible that club is up and running again but could be mistaken...google search that for starters...the ride you have is a 1969 model titled 70...69 was the last year enfield was a float so when inventory sold it was titled the year it was sold....if it is a 750 Interceptor it would be a MK II which was a badass ride and if it were in stock form it would bring a pretty hefty dollar from collectors...also it is possible it is a Floyd Clymer Indian if that were the case it would bring major dollars in stock form...in 1969 he (Clymer) had a vision to rebirth the Indian name once again and began buying up all the Enfields that dealers still had in inventory and began fitting them with some pretty cool sheetmetal, he done that until he passed away in the early 70's...another possibility is it could be a Rickman Interceptor which in it's stock form was a very beautiful machine probably one of the more beautiful machines I have ever seen personally other then the Vincent Black Shadow and fetches major moohla very very rare....I do not have a scanner but I could take digital pics of some of the rides out of old literature and post some up in due time...now back to decifering your machine you don't have to post it here but the VIN# is on your left hand side above the engine sprocket primary side on a machined pad just send me the first 6 or 7 numbers and letters and I will tell you what it is I have a decoding manual for that...the run # are usually the last 4 or 5 last digits..your best bet is to watch ebay a few years back the stuff was bountiful but not so much any longer there are dealers and collectors sitting on piles of parts and quite a bit of it was bought up and headed back to England and the land down yonder...books are no problem I may even be able to help you on those pay for a copy and I will copy what I have at cost...I could go on and on but I don't want to bore all these bobber chopper guys with Enfield talk..Heh Heh...need anything just as or PM me...later Chaz

·
Registered
427 Posts
SABTRUMP said:
Oh, BTW the numbers on the neck are 11920 and the numbers on the motor are GV 909, hope that helps
I just checked my manual for #'s my manual only goes up to 67....go figure ayye....I have a bunch of old newsletters I will page through them and see what the hell I can come up with...just so you know Enfield didn't title by the frame so those are not handy to figure out what model you have...but there also is a frame code to motor code from the factory just to authenticate they were a match...I'd say if you were going to restore the ride which you obviously aren't best bet would be to join the Royal Enfield club if one exists here in the US...I know there is a club over the pond...but like I said best source for parts is ebay and England but be prepared to dig very deep in your pockets nothing like Harley parts at all...keep in touch...later Chaz

·
Registered
302 Posts
G,day...try a Pommy (Limey) forum like Brit Chops or something, those guys will know. Id ask me Welsh mate but until I get out his way he is uncontactable (technophobe) Does it take a REAL GOOD kick to get it going? The little 500 is low compression so not such a big effort, I would imagine an interceptor would take a mighty swing to prompt to life. Oh and its Lookin The Tits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't know if it's still around but I believe the last Royal Enfield dealer in the U.S. was Sam Avellino in Revere Massachusetts.I know Sam Sr. has passed away but I don't know whether his son(Junior) has carried on the business.Information may provide a contact number.The address was on Route C-1 in Revere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts