Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fascinated by this thing since the moment I laid eyes on it. Any out there know who built it? Any one know if it's still around?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I laid eyes on that thing almost twenty years ago at this place: Jim's World of Wheels Inc., 947 South Central Avenue, Oviedo, FL 32765-9037 <nobr>(407) 365-6353</nobr>.

That's only about fifty miles from Daytona, and I know it had been running around there before I saw it in the Oviedo showroom. I was under the impression then that the proprietor, Jim, had built it. ‎

·
Registered
225 Posts
there is a guy overhere in belgium that still has one, i,ve seen it about a year or so ago on a local swapmeet and it has been for sale on a belgium kind of craigslist

·
Registered
83 Posts
This was featured in a "Incredibily Strange Automobiles" hardcover book in the 80's.......with lotsa weird and kooky customs in it. I have a copy..will do some diggin and let you know :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only write up in the book is, made by TROOPER TRUDEAU, from a 36 HD sidecar and a 41 Flatty from the same stable, and this baby can reach an astonishing 160kph !..well there ya go :)

AND THEN...just because the Internets is ssooo rad.

A link to yours truly

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=673506

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There was an article in one of the old mags on this "bike" I't's been around for at least 30-35 years
You're right, and it was in Supercycle, about the early '80's. That's the lead-in photo for the article that was posted here, and the same photo showed up in an issue of In The Wind about the same time as the Supercycle article.

·
Registered
935 Posts
thought that was in canada,seems it was in a thread this past winter,but my mind wanders a bit lately

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Yeah, That, Becuase only one wheel was powerd by the motor it was reged as a motoercycle, only in FL though.

Was a neat rig..........Roach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts