Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm sorry if I'm bringing up something that's been covered before, but I didn't have any luck with the search function.

My IH is up for sale right now, and its looking like it's going to Japan or, more likely, Australia. I've had bikes go overseas before, but I never handled any of the details. Right now I'm looking for a good shipper or two that I can get quotes from. Does anyone have any export experience?

Basically, I need to know what its going to cost, and what's going to be involved in the process. The potential buyer doesn't know any more about this than I do, so we're in the dark here.

The really shitty part is that I recently met a dude who not only did a lot of export to Oz, but would also bring the bike down to port for a really reasonable cost. The very day after I met him, he died. Bummer on all levels.

I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Choppaweeza imports parts and mostly stock bikes (so says his website). If your bike is chopped, custom and/or rigid, check with Kiwishipping.com, they can get it into Australia. I have used them with success.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just got a quote from kiwishipping and sent it to the potential buyer. I think he's on the board here too, so I'm sure he appreciates it as well.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Importing a bike to Australia is a complicated thing . With chopped or modified bikes there are ways & means but it all depends on the Title . I'm considered to be an Expert in the field and send a steady stream of bikes to Australia . Email me for a quote as most other exporters do not include everything needed and the clients of those companies get a rude shock when asked repeatedly to pay extras

·
Registered
942 Posts
If your buyer is in Melbourne, I have a good shipper who ships out of San Francisco to Melbourne. PM me for details. Like others have said, make sure bike is really clean, provide a title in plenty of time to arrange importation approval. If it's a reasonably stock bike, shouldn't have too many problems..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Just have a second to check in right now, but Zman and choppaweeza, I'll be sending out a PM shortly. I am worried. It is not by any stretch of the imagination fairly stock.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is an outfit called Geezers that will do shipping and get it cleared through customs and get rego inspection as needed etc. Of course you pay them for each step..
They ship out of LA but can arrange trucking to their depot and trucking at the Australian end too.
www.geezers.com.au

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
If it needs to come to Brisbane feel free to get hold of me. I also bring a few in and am happy to help if I can. For pre 89 its pretty straight fwd. From your end it just needs to get to LA (at buyers cost) and the buyer should be taking care of the rest.

If this is the bike it wont be all that easy.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96453

Choppa will provide the best advice for the buyer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.