Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a frame I want to see about getting titled but dont know anyone at the DMV to check it out for me. The cat Im getting it from says its clean, and I have no reason to doubt him, but I want to be safe before I start blowing any cash on this...... Anyone think they can help me out?

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you don't find anyone, can't you just go in there and have one of the clerks check the number? It would be nice to avoid a trip to the dmv though.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I always go in to the DMV and say that my neighbor wants to sell me this "BIKE" (whether it is a bike or a frame always say BIKE) and he has lost the title. Ask if it would be legal to purchase the BIKE from him with a bill of sale only. Most times they will run the number to make sure it is off record. . . then you know. . .

·
Registered
32 Posts
justjeff said:
I have a frame I want to see about getting titled but dont know anyone at the DMV to check it out for me. The cat Im getting it from says its clean, and I have no reason to doubt him, but I want to be safe before I start blowing any cash on this...... Anyone think they can help me out?
I have a publicdata.com account. I can run it by plate or vin and see what comes up if you want to send the info to me. Let me know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I'll send you a PM!!!
chupacabra said:
I have a publicdata.com account. I can run it by plate or vin and see what comes up if you want to send the info to me. Let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts