Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Not ice racing, but back in the seventies I spent three days at the Kansas state rally....flat track event...total insanity....hells angels....along with other "clubs" in attendance. It's a long story, I should write it up and post it sometime.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That looks badass! My buddy's father works at the Fair Park coliseum in Dallas. He says they're trying to bring an Ice Racing series to town next winter.

Speaking of winter, it was sunny and 72 today in Texas.

Ha ha, mothafuckaaaaaas!

·
Registered
770 Posts
JEB said:
That looks badass! My buddy's father works at the Fair Park coliseum in Dallas. He says they're trying to bring an Ice Racing series to town next winter.

Speaking of winter, it was sunny and 72 today in Texas.

Ha ha, mothafuckaaaaaas!
It was rainin like a bitch on my side of the state yesterday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah i work at a honda/kawasaki/suzuki shop and we sponsored them when they came to our area. Bout 6 of my buddies raced in the quad class. i was the "mechanic". the bikes are fun to watch. Prolly was more fun cause i was watchin all my buddies. Still cool too see if you have nothin better to do.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Is that like a Hell's Angels Hill Climb ?

:)

I went to one of those about 10 years ago at the sports arena , and it was fucking cool . There was some guy on a banshee that was totaly out of control he would wheelie all the way through the straights and have to slow down into the turns , but it was amazing to watch .

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sure thing

acording to here
http://www.bikersmag.com/html/motorcycle_ice_racing.html
Feb 18, 2006 Sovereign Bank Arena, Trenton, NJ

but i cant find it on the scedule here http://icespeedway.com/

Rules:

• Tires need regulation steel studs.
  • Motorcycle must not be equipped with brakes.
  • Motorcycles must be equipped with an automatic dead man's switch - a kill switch which activates if the rider loses the bike.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DAMNIT

LATEST I.C.E. PRESS RELEASE:
Schedule Changes

The World Championship Ice Racing Round scheduled for Trenton, NJ onFebruary 18th has been canceled due to a scheduling conflict. It has beenreplaced with a Manufacturers World Cup Bike Round at the Danville PalmerArena in Danville, IL on February 23rd at 7:30PM. The event is beingpresented by Danville's Gutterridge Harley-Davidson and will be the lastAmerican appearance of the Manufacturers Cup Bikes before the April 22-23Grand Finale in Puerto Rico.

Screw NJ

·
Registered
263 Posts
yep,,saw um here last year..
kinda borin at first, then they strectch the track out as they go through the heat races up to the main.
in the quads,, a dude had a sporty mtr in one,,they couldnt touch him

1 - 14 of 14 Posts