Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Couldn't sleep last night and started running through bike ideas in my head.
I have a load of Indian Chief (Springfield) parts kicking around but no frame. Which got me wondering if a Chief engine can be shoehorned into a rigid Harley Big Twin Frame (E,F,U etc.)?

Does anyone here have and pictures of such bikes or better yet any stories of building one?

I've seen Vindians and Chouts and a couple of Scouts in Triumph frames but can't find any info on HD/Indians.
If nothing else it's be a fun bike to park up and watch people scratch their heads over.

Any info or input would be appreciated.

Cheers guys
Adam

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm working on a rolling chassis for a buddy who has the same idea. We haven't gotten to fitting the engine to the frame part yet. He wants to put a ratchet lid 4 speed behind it. No pics but I'll ask him if he has any.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great!
I was thinking an HD box too. With the semi Unit Indian box there'd be all sorts of fitment issues with the HD frames.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I think there will be all sorts of fitment issues with this project but the more we can eliminate the better off we'll be.

·
Registered
272 Posts
there is guy named Chris who is usually at the Dorking swapmeet each year, he has used a chief motor and hd gear box in a chop he built a few years back - best you try and contact him for advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts