Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody watch "The Hard Ride" on Speed last night?

Pretty cool 70's biker flik. Horrible acting (even worse than today's movies). Cool bikes, ugly bikes. Hot hooker, ugly hookers. What was up with the dude wearing the scarf? Talk about a monkey fukin a football. I'll have to try to catch it again this week. It really opened my eyes to how bikes looked back then. There was some wierd shit on the road back then.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If that's the movie that featured the knucklehead called "baby", that bike spent a year in my uncle's garage in LA while the owner was occupied elsewhere.
Hank

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Re: Anybody watch "The Hard Ride" on Speed last night?

efingstein said:
Pretty cool 70's biker flik. Horrible acting (even worse than today's movies). Cool bikes, ugly bikes. Hot hooker, ugly hookers. What was up with the dude wearing the scarf? Talk about a monkey fukin a football. I'll have to try to catch it again this week. It really opened my eyes to how bikes looked back then. There was some wierd shit on the road back then.
Out of town, but I taped it. Love that old chopper stuff. Don't remember seeing that one before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was a knuck. It had some aweful pipes that ran under the frame, up the bottom of the hardtail, up the sissy bar and then made a 90* bend with these huge "trumpets" on the end.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: Anybody watch "The Hard Ride" on Speed last night?

efingstein said:
Ya, the '70s saw some scary shit on the highways. I hated those small front wheels. Bikes didn't handle at all. did ya catch the way the bike bounced it's way into town when they left the campsite? That's what killed a bunch in the '70s, them front-ends would bounce till they broke. Oh yea, it was a Knuckle.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's true we had a lot of crappy parts back then. Most everyone built as much as the could of their bike and it was up to you to get it right. It resulted in a lot of different styles and looks. Not like todays mass produced, shop built, look a like bikes. I made my first tall sisy bar out of 3/8" square stock and drilled 1/4" holes in it to bolt it to the fender. It broke at the holes and fell off on my first ride down the freeway!! I did better on my second try.. My 48 Pan from 1972. Look closely at the rear of the frame and you'll see an Ariel Square Four plunger frame grafted to the Harley frame. It took three tries to make a brake ancor that would work right.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Started watching it, got sucked in, then had to turn it off when my buddies came over to watch "Warriors"...can you dig it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PONY said:
It's true we had a lot of crappy parts back then. Most everyone built as much as the could of their bike and it was up to you to get it right. It resulted in a lot of different styles and looks. Not like todays mass produced, shop built, look a like bikes. I made my first tall sisy bar out of 3/8" square stock and drilled 1/4" holes in it to bolt it to the fender. It broke at the holes and fell off on my first ride down the freeway!! I did better on my second try.. My 48 Pan from 1972. Look closely at the rear of the frame and you'll see an Ariel Square Four plunger frame grafted to the Harley frame. It took three tries to make a brake ancor that would work right.
WOW!!
I'm not into the 70's style, but, that thing just looks nasty. In a good way. I never understood those style handlebars.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep....that's it! That's Baby. It was the thing back then!
Hank

·
Registered
14 Posts
efingstein said:
WOW!!
I'm not into the 70's style, but, that thing just looks nasty. In a good way. I never understood those style handlebars.
Think those bars are nasty? Anyone seen "Hell's Bloody Devils"?

Vehicle Sky Gesture Travel Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Gas House Gorilla said:
I didnt even notice the brown jacket cause there was a hot ass chick with a chain in her hand and her ass right in my face.:D
Guess I'm getting old! Wife recognized the star right away as the doctor from Emergency, apparently a hot number for chicks back in the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts