Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gas House Gorilla said:
I picked this up awhile back for $5 and thinking about using it. What ya'll think? Anyone run one of these?
I run a Unity. One that used to be a hand held spot light . all I had to do was machine the knob for the back. Imho I think it's a great looking light . run it !

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got one real similar on my Trump....can't take the credit for the idea though:

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have used a back-up light off an International Harvester. Really sweet look, but you outrun the light at 40mph.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks good and you got a good deal - I would run it. If you have some time do an eBay search for GUIDE ANTIQUE or GUIDE LIGHT the mfgr. that used to do all the GM (and other mfgrs) headlights, taillights, backup and spots - cool stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I used one for a while on my last trump and I kept it for my new project. You might want to change the bulb, cause it is a spot light, and all you get is a thin light straight ahead, can't see anything on the sides of the road at 55 mph.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Unity can provide the correct parts needed to hold a standard bulb. You'll want to replace the spring "clips" holding the bulb in for sure. I used an 05 factory bulb that's clear and mimicks the spotlight look.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gas House Gorilla said:
I picked this up awhile back for $5 and thinking about using it. What ya'll think? Anyone run one of these?
I'll give ya 10 bux right now double your money..Heh..heh...hell yes

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd rock that shit anyday.....But hed the words, "Get a modern bulb!"
:rolleyes:
Gas House Gorilla said:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know Rockabilly Jay is runnin an old spotlight but not sure if it is a unity...maybe an older one. I'll check that issue of the Horse that has his sweet pan in it. I did get a good deal...I do alot of hunting for what my wife calls junk and I have a shitton of stuff that will eventually make it on to one of my projects. All hail the junk collectors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gorilla,
In my case, my buddy Randy built the bike, so it was his idea...I think he mentioned it was off of an old ambulance...I'm thinking of remounting it though...Probably pull it up and in, closer to the trees...?..

Gracias..

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
tom said:
I'm running an old Unity Mfg spot on my pan

tom?dude? didja swap stuff around? wasnt that seat on the E.D. bike?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts