Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of rebuilding my 4spd for my 1950 Pan, I have a 47 knuckle 4spd in nice shape that I'm rebuilding. Is this nut worth the $30?
Ive read some spacing issues may come up due to the nut being twice as thick. Curious if anyone has been down this road? I should also mention I am running a Primo pro clutch with the big sealed bearing in the hub.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I tried using that and had the spacing issues, so didnt use that but did use that other bit with the groove and o-ring, made by that dude in Canada..

sorry, not making much sense, just woke up and brain is not fully engage yet lol

·
4,030 Posts
Custom Chrome uses them on their transmissions as new.

I see them as a bit of a bandaid when used to stop the fourth gear/main seal leak, but don't have any issue with seeing 'em on a newly rebuilt trans.

That Canadian dude might be somewhat hard to find. I published his name here a while back and he asked it be taken down.

The spacing issue is a pain in the ass if you're attempting to use a mainshaft bearing support on a Shovel.

You may also be interested in this item: https://shop.bareknucklechoppers.com/product/the-overbearing/

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
New bushing installed in the main direct gear and the stock seal works fine. You did say you are rebuilding it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can get the search to pop up, first hit.

New bushings fit worse than what was in there before in my experience. Get the mainshaft cleaned up, and have a bushing made, then reamed to fit after being pressed in, then they are still designed to leak.

That Canadian guys fix is pretty good and easy, my mainshaft had a step right where the oring landed though and wasnt ideal. I Should have paid more attention before putting the oring groove in.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The ebay is a copy of the 1984-up spacer 35070-84 the oring is 11166. Still available and at lower cost.

Also available on Amazon in Eastern brand for less than 1/2 the ebay one.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Another neat trick which I used on mine on the mainshaft are exact match ID rubber orings. My 4 speed has new seals and 2 orings on mainshaft. Doesn't leak at all now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts