Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
It's a Bates, sell it now while the going's good, you're sitting on $8-900 there son.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How can you tell? I have one exactly like that, except i don't think i have that sticker.

Jarod

Nads said:
It's a Bates, sell it now while the going's good, you're sitting on $8-900 there son.

·
Registered
669 Posts
epinut said:
A friend just brought this seat over, no idea what it is... Leather, 13x9", sticker says 13H & it's like 2" thick. What is it?

Edit: Yeah I know how to spell SEAT... To late to change now...
Not sure I agree with the other appraisals. It might bring $200-300, which is still fucking insane. Now a ribbed Bates is another story...

·
Registered
726 Posts
epinut said:
A friend just brought this seat over, no idea what it is... Leather, 13x9", sticker says 13H & it's like 2" thick. What is it?

Edit: Yeah I know how to spell SEAT... To late to change now...
I just sold one to a guy in Sweden, alittle older than yours, with the narrow front and 13.5" rear. Sell yours now, and buy a El Cheapo. These seats are going for insane prices.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Panman51 said:
I just sold one to a guy in Sweden, alittle older than yours, with the narrow front and 13.5" rear. Sell yours now, and buy a El Cheapo. These seats are going for insane prices.
Yeah I remember seeing it, but I'm lookin for the mid size. As far as this seat goes I have'nt seen any Bates seat that looks like this. The stitching don't look right & It's too thick... Here's another one on ebay now...

Attachments

·
Banned
43 Posts
That one that Epinut posted a picture of is absolutely the real deal without question.Ive never seen a riveted cover they were all screwed on with a number 8 sheetmetal screw.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, if it would be a real Bates, guess the pan looks real enough... Could these front & rear "filler pieces" been added just to accomodate the extra padding?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
flattracklarry said:
Not sure I agree with the other appraisals. It might bring $200-300, which is still fucking insane. Now a ribbed Bates is another story...
Fuck, yeah. Followed a ribbed Bates on eGay the other day thinking 'that would be nice', then abandoned watching it, gagging, when it reached $750 ...

It was NOS, but even so ...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd love to see what kind of bike a $750 bates seat ends up on!

(if it ends up on a bike at all....) fuckin waste if it doesn't... They were built my someone to be sat on....

·
Registered
944 Posts
This is not much help, but I had that exact seat on a BSA years ago. I don't believe it was Bates. I am sure it came from either Hap Jones or Dixie but I don't have any idea who made it.
Hank

1 - 20 of 24 Posts