Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 73 year old father in law is about to undertake this project. Any advice, tips, tricks, or previous experience and suggestions greatly appreciated. He's a very experienced HD chopper builder, but he doesn't read very well so he asked me to "ask the internet" for him ;)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Well there was a shovster modification where you ran big twin shovelheads on sportster. Maybe if you can ask the internet for info on those and find the person that made the necessary cylinder barrels and convince him to drill you a set in the knuckle bolt pattern you would have a start on it.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Yup Ron Jr.

Most don't know that Jr was the mad scientist coming up with alot of the crazy stuff back then. His dad was top notch too! Be prepared for a good long BS session when you call him. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Knuck top ends are about a bulletproof as you can get. Might wind up with a crazy fast Sportster. I do remember the Shovesters being fast but don't remember them lasting long.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Very interesting, I got a knack for bastard engines especially but bastard bikes in general. Keep the coooool info coming.

Lester

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dunno if this helps.....
Ruben from Wingpalace made a knuckle head kit for shovel engines.
So your engine looks like a knucklehead.
I have no idea how ironhead and shovelhead engines relate, though.....
(The linked website is in Dutch, but if you email him, he can help you out, I reckon)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts