Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
well, then take off all yer junk and leave the bags on! seems to me that it would be easier than relying on strangers, when you already have what you need to make that come true

·
Registered
568 Posts
tom said:
thats fuckin sweet!
Thanks, but it's not really mine.

I picked it up as a pay back for a really good friend (in the purest sense of the word) who'd helped me out when times were lean and got it going right for him. It's his birth year bike, so it made it kinda special to him. He'd been out of bikes for a while, now with this ride he's back in.

I tore my ACL a few weeks ago and can't kick my Pan (Tech Cycle to the rescue this week!) and he's been out of town for a few so I gotta chance to cruise it myself.

It fucking rides so god damned nice, that it almost makes me want to sell off my bike and get into something similar.

Almost. ;)

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
cool- better it runs, than letting it sit!

I blew out my acl too about a year or so ago and started kicking with my left leg instead...its kinda goofy at first but you seem to have more control/protection when it slips through when using the left. I had my acl replaced it sucked...good luck with the acl & the tech cycle mechanical knee, I hear they make good stuff...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

A bit late in the riding season (especially here in Scotland...), but here's some images of my 1974 hand shift FLH 1200 Police Special.

The great thing about the old Shovelhead FLH's, and the Pans and Knuckles before it, is that they look great fully dressed or stripped down, a design style Harley-Davidson has lost since 1984.

When I get jaded with one look I change it for another, and it feels like a completely new machine, which has kept my interest since 1978.

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I like the "cleaned up" look, especially with the nacelle headlight, & the bags same color as the sheetmetal, & works well with the pogo-sprung solo or a frame mounted seat.

here's the only shot I could find of my brother's '77 FLH -

And here it is now, over a year later, brought back from a totalled wreck t-boning a blind old woman. We had to replace the frame & many parts....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts