Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in Chicago possibly relocating to St Louis. Any cool guys living around those parts? If so know any good areas to live. I definitely want to buy if I move there and cant wait to get a garage to build my Trump? To have a garage here is like gold and I aint got any? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
376 Posts
not st. louis per se, but i've lived 2 hours west of st. louie for most of the last 40 years. what i've always heard from folks from there is live west or south if you can. north seems to have more crime and (if it's possible) worse traffic. east puts you in east saint louis, and if you wanna live there you must be a REALLY BAD ass. also from what i've heard, there's pockets of ritzy neighborhoods all over the city, just like any city. i'm guessing that the same house in st. louis should be a bit less expensive than chicago, but don't quote me on that. my step-daughter just bought a condo about a mile north of rigley field and it cost her about double what it would have been in columbia, missouri. st. louis is more expensive than columbia, but less than chi-town, i think.

there's a couple of hambers from the st. louis area, but i don't remember anyone on the JJ from there.

fog hollow is a pretty decent bike shop; out on 44 towards six flags. i think they are in pacific, but might be in eureka. not a harley dealership, and keep quite a bit of chopper and custom stuff in stock. there are at least two h-d dealerships, and they are both the new style $2M building with $3M inventory deals that willie is making everyone go to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Luke Nosewalker said:
Im in Chicago possibly relocating to St Louis. Any cool guys living around those parts? If so know any good areas to live. I definitely want to buy if I move there and cant wait to get a garage to build my Trump? To have a garage here is like gold and I aint got any? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
dont know about the "bro" thing but most all my OL's relatives are from ST L..Were in central IL .I learned a little about St L last few years...stay away from anything on east side heh heh.(as in E St L.) if posible...everybody movin westerly...and the more west the more ya pay to stay. Riverview still not bad place...close to 270 if you look at maps close to the river and Alton IL is pretty cool place.Have few friends that have shops similar to mine that have been around a long while.Youll be able to sort out the allnew-so-called-bike builder shops real fast...cause they dont last long it seems...Can grab some still fairly good Trump parts from Gary (he owns Fog Hollow) and he still has his OLD building not just the mail order spot out by 6 flags.He has the old place on Martin Luther (watch yer back in dat naborr HOOD too) but he has still some trumpet parts there cause Ive seen a batch or two there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
terry said:
...Can grab some still fairly good Trump parts from Gary (he owns Fog Hollow) and he still has his OLD building not just the mail order spot out by 6 flags.He has the old place on Martin Luther (watch yer back in dat naborr HOOD too) but he has still some trumpet parts there cause Ive seen a batch or two there.
his "old" place is also a cycle salvage yard, isn't it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts