Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a cap I want to use on my build but the threads are way different I was told they are 11-1/2NPSM (national pipe straight thread) I have never heard of straight pipe thread before yesterday but I understand it's used on steam fittings and such. I am looking for a male adapter or something in steel with 11-1/2NPSM male threads that I can thread this cap onto. Any suggestions on where I can find such an animal? Thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'll see what I can dig up here (I work in the shipfitter shop, and know guys in the pipe shop and the supply depot). I might be able to get you a nipple if that's what you need. What exactly are you building? How long does it need to be. And what size pipe is it for?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I just talked to the guys in the pipe shop and they looked at like I was crazy. Is the thread count 22 TPI? That would make more sense apperently. If it is let me know and I'll see if we have the die and I can make one for you. If not I would say look for a supplier that sells pipe fittings in your area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for taking the time. I think its a cap for a tractor trailer (18 wheeler, big rig) gas tank. Don't go crazy and I don't want you to go to the bother of having something made. It would be anything with the male 11-1/2 threads I can just weld it to the tank, a nipple or some type of adapter. I am going to take a trip to the local plumbing supply house maybe they can figure it out. Thanks again, Jim

·
Registered
896 Posts
coolcastings.com said:
I guess, I just need a nipple thats a couple of inches long, if the drain has the same threads I will just cut it to the length I need and weld it to the tank. I will let you know in a couple of days how I make out.
Cool, good luck. Post a picture of the cap if you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.