Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a S&S super B will work on a '98 883 Sporty? If so can we use the stock intake manifold?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It will work, but you need to find a S&S manifold, your stock is a CV slip fit and the S&S is a bolt on. The Super "B" is similar to the "E" minus the choke and accelerator pump. It was designed with constant RPM in mind. not very good if your leaving a stop light. It is better to mod your CV carb you will have better perfomance. I run a S&S on the sporty but if you want the best go with a mikuni. my 2 cents
fastsporty

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Judging from your profile...I'm guessing you know what your talking about! Thanks for the info! It will save my buddy a lot of headache!
fastsporty said:
It will work, but you need to find a S&S manifold, your stock is a CV slip fit and the S&S is a bolt on. The Super "B" is similar to the "E" minus the choke and accelerator pump. It was designed with constant RPM in mind. not very good if your leaving a stop light. It is better to mod your CV carb you will have better perfomance. I run a S&S on the sporty but if you want the best go with a mikuni. my 2 cents
fastsporty

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried to tell him that, but he never listens to me. :rolleyes:

fastsporty said:
fastsporty

·
Registered
252 Posts
fastsporty said:
fastsporty
Thanks!

I have now eaten your knowledge.

I am more powerful than ever.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
I had a super b on a Iron head once awsome power when twistin the grip back but a couple laps thru town and you best be havin some spark plugs and a wrench cause it was a plug eater.

Shoe
let me guess you had drag pipes on that ironhead... S&S carbs and ironheads isn't the best combo, my experience is that it can be done but it just doesn't have the range a ironhead demands. if you flow a ironhead S&S will work great, but at stock you are either drowning it just to get the power you need (TT's case) or you have to lean it out so much it runs like shit. If any of you want to run a S&S in a ironhead and short pipes like a drag pipe, run a mikuni 38 if you can find one. Also for whatever reason a old bendix seems to work well too. I just don't have that much exp. with them.
fastsporty

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I used to have a mikuni 30 mm on a vespa P-200 with a cut crank , punched out to about 225 , with a tuned pipe on it and 8 mirrors on each side of the crashbars . It would leave alot of BROS in the dust from light to light . Snuck up on a few 5.0 mustangs too . None of them figured a little **** moped like that could get out of its own way . jamming it into 2nd gear with one wheel 3 feet in the air at 40 mph , ( 2 lengths in in the lead , with some drunk 17 year old bimbo with a pink mowhawk on the back ) , made a few grouchy believers out of more than a few " one block comandos " . I don't know why I decided to post this here , otherthan the mikuni reference reminded me of those days :) that and a few bottles of wine and a good dinner .

carry on :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts