Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, we all see tons of Triumph, HD's, Some Rice, and an occasional BSA custom but hardly ever see any Nortons. I know they(commandos) are kind of difficult to hardtail because of the isolastic mounting system but someone must have screwed with these bikes in the past. So if any ones got any pics lets see them and i mean all Nortons singles and twins. Thanks, Gregg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't been able to find a local outlet for Dice mag here in montana. So does anybody have any pics? anyone ,anyone, hello is this thing on:D ?

Gregg

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
greggski said:
Hey guys, we all see tons of Triumph, HD's, Some Rice, and an occasional BSA custom but hardly ever see any Nortons. I know they(commandos) are kind of difficult to hardtail because of the isolastic mounting system but someone must have screwed with these bikes in the past. So if any ones got any pics lets see them and i mean all Nortons singles and twins. Thanks, Gregg

here's a chop belonging to a local member - SnortinNorton ..

havent heard from him in awhile, he may have graduated FSU & moved on ..

custom built frame ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Here is a nice australian one built in the early 80s,the owner went on to build one that was a work of art in the engine and trans department(He is a machinist)but I never got to see the finished bike.

There are more pics of the Norton featured in the latest Dice at www.deusexmachina.com.au

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
RidingHood said:
Here is a nice australian one built in the early 80s,the owner went on to build one that was a work of art in the engine and trans department(He is a machinist)but I never got to see the finished bike.

There are more pics of the Norton featured in the latest Dice at www.deusexmachina.com.au
Mate, thats a great site, tell me more !!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, the Aussies and Nipponesse are making some bitching bikes!:D They are taking the sr400 and making so really cool Cafe bikes. Sure would like to see more cafe style bikes here in the usa. Thanks for sharing the site! Their Norton is beautiful. The Commando /Atlas Motor in my eyes is just plan gorgous. How come you don't see a Commando Motor in a Featherbed frame? Incredible acceloration and awsome handling and it would all be a Norton instead of the various crossbreeds that you see(triton,Norvin etc,etc,) Thanks again for sharing.
Gregg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Matt D said:
Mate, thats a great site, tell me more !!!!!
Matt,
Its hard to add more than what the web site already says,Ive only been there once as it is a fair hike from where I live.
The show room is big, but sparsely laid out with vintage and classic bikes along the windows ,the Japanese bikes done cafe' style and hillclimber style are what they sell ,they have a cafe on the otherside of the building(can I have a cafe'racer to go with that order thanks miss). Nigel who I talked to is building a class C WL roadracer and he is very switched on to the Zero style.
It's all cool and arty (in the best sense of the word),and I recon you'd like the place .
Cheers

·
Registered
484 Posts
The '75 MK III Hi-Rider (in above picture) in uncommon. I've heard "experts" say these were never produced. Ha Ha

Norton claimed the '71 Hi-Rider was the 1st factory custom (WTF?) as they beat the '71 H-D Superglide to the showroom floor.

Not choppers, but some cool drag bikes. BTW, T.C. is a good guy.

www.nortonhogslayer.com

1 - 20 of 34 Posts