Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine just picked up a '91 sporty for dirt cheap and wants to tear it apart and build a little chop.

I have a 70's sporty myself but was looking for a newer model that has been reworked to feed him some ideas.

Thanks guys!

Dirty

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Big Dirty said:
Buddy of mine just picked up a '91 sporty for dirt cheap and wants to tear it apart and build a little chop.

I have a 70's sporty myself but was looking for a newer model that has been reworked to feed him some ideas.

Thanks guys!

Dirty
Here is a pick of the one that got away, i bought this bike stock when i was 16, i was sick to sell it but had to finance a hand surgery . . . knocked a stupid dude out and broke my hand . . . anyways i have more pics and with a few different tanks if ya need more

91 sporty evo 5 speed, stock rake stock strecth paucho frame, paucho stock length springer, 18 inch sprotor and 21 front, early trup rear fender (???? i love those fenders) and the pipe is a buell, it was pretty damn fast

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Okiecockfighter said:
Here is a pick of the one that got away, i bought this bike stock when i was 16, i was sick to sell it but had to finance a hand surgery . . . knocked a stupid dude out and broke my hand . . . anyways i have more pics and with a few different tanks if ya need more

91 sporty evo 5 speed, stock rake stock strecth paucho frame, paucho stock length springer, 18 inch sprotor and 21 front, early trup rear fender (???? i love those fenders) and the pipe is a buell, it was pretty damn fast
Damn! Those pics make me want to start a Sporty project, like, right now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Okiecockfighter said:

Great bike! More pix?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Okiecockfighter said:

I saw that bike on eBay around a year ago. I didn't have any cash and always lamented not being able to pick it up. Great job on the bike, definitely inspirational.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Okiecockfighter said:
Thanks for the props fuckers, I new i shouldnt have dug those pics up, now i miss my bike !!!! But i got a 4500 hand surgery and a most of the parts to build my blown alky injected 427 for my v drive boat !!!! Thanks guys i need to build another
Any problems getting it switched over to chain drive?

·
Registered
411 Posts

couple H-town Texas boys and there sportys....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That is a really neat looking bike, so take this (or don't take this) as constuctive criticism--lose those bars and that seat. You have a long, low, skinny bike--why give it antlers in the front? Superbars, low Z's or even a broomstick bar would look so good. And the seat--it looks too wide. A skinny bike like a sporty looks nice when everything is kept skinny, including the seat. A narrowed bates-style pan or even a tuck and roll rigid mount seat would be cool as fuck.

Love the pipes, straightpipez, you are on crack.

Oklahoma said:
here is one I have been workin on forever. Its a 57 XLA, not a late model but who cares. Its a sportster!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Matt D..........is that copper or brass on your exhaust pipes?
looks sweet, i dig the springer............

·
Registered
523 Posts
rukwikenuf said:
Matt D..........is that copper or brass on your exhaust pipes?
looks sweet, i dig the springer............
they are stainless steel and I got them from one of those car parts stores that sell loads of 'Fast and Furious' shit, they go that colour after a few hundred miles

1 - 20 of 39 Posts