Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my JJ forum cherry being popped, so please be gently and I won't tell my mum.
Just wondering does anybody have any information about hardtailing an 70's triumph oil filled frame - is it possible to have a bolt on? or would I have to chop it?

Cheers. :confused:

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would recomend doing a search, this comes up a lot. I'm still new and I've seen it come up a couple of times already. There are no bolt ones for OIF. There is a hardtail, but they seem to be dodgy and ussually take a lot of work to straighten out. It can be done though, lots of nice OIF framed rigids out there. Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
PM hatch..................

·
Registered
884 Posts
a friend of mine has this one.it was hartailed when he got it. hopefully you can see where the frame needs to cut and welded.
pm me your e-mail addy and i'll send you some bigger pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
hatch said:
Thanks!!....I appreciate the comment.
I bought a bone-stock OIF bonny off Hatch a short time ago. After purchasing a weld-on hardtail section and mocking it up I was not happy with the stretch and quality of the rear section. Trumpnut is fabbing up a hardtail section for me as we speak. He will make any stretch you want and costs about the same as it will to buy a pre-fabbed one. I suggest fabbing one up if you have the skills/equipments to do so. I don't which is why I am coughing up the extra shipping costs to send it to him to do it. When it is done, I will post pics showing the end result. Ultimately, an OIF hardtail is not as easy as bolt on's made for the earlier trumps but can look good if done right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts