Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Triumph wiring Question - 68 T120R

Hi all, sorry if this is a repeat but i have searched all over, and cant really come up with a resolve that suits what ive got.

The bike is a non running (Yet!) 68 T120R with a TR6 single carb head.
Simple setup with Headlight (on off, No high beam), tail light with brake light switch.

Im going to rewire the bike (its a real mess) and unsure of what i should keep, replace or scrap all together and start again with a new system.

Whats on the bike:
Boyer Micro MK3
Mity Max
2x ignition coils
A baking tray that had a battery in it with wires ect.
about 150' of wire

Ive found some good diagrams ect but should i be scrapping this all and replacing with a new system? going to 6 volt? (easier to start?). I mainly interested in just getting a system that works for not, so as i can get it running to see what else i have to do ect before really getting to work on it all.

thanks,
J

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what ive been reading about the MM. Im an absolute noob on the wiring side, but seems its a pretty easy bike/system to get hooked up. just chasing a little advice on what ive got.

ive been reading good things about Sparx systems, so might be best to get something all new as dont know the history of what ive got...

·
Registered
770 Posts
If the Boyer is complete, and the coils are good you don't need anything else electrical to get her started except some kind of battery. If I don't have anything else, I grab one of my 12 volt cordless drill batteries. You don't need the charging system at all yet. Boyer instructions are online, battery connected to a good engine ground and the coils, start kicking, more or less.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Of course you will need the Mity Max, or a modern equivalent, soon, but you can ride around the block quite a while just on the battery to see how engine is. Then do the charging system and lights, etc. If you are on a budget, try the MM. I pulled one out of the dirt one time and it works good............I just wouldn't trust it too far from home.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beaver, Thanks. ill hold onto it now for testing but as im planning on a few long rides, i think i might be best to replace when it comes to final wiring from what ive read about them.
Clyco, thanks man. those diagrams will be perfect for my final wiring. cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.