Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
This is pretty much is how I wired mine cept I put a switch in the line to the lights so I could kill them when starting.Also if ya have a Boyer and your battery starts to get weak you can shut off the lights and ride to keep the draw down on the battery.

Shoe
Exactly what I was thinking with the light switch. Going to run a decent toggle (like the "flipper" kind from an old blender, only w/ a 20 amp fuse), and am not sure if I want to run it negative ground yet. The bike was + ground originally, and on the first time I tore it down from a cute stock 66 T100 500cc, I kept it that way. So, Pos or Neg ground? I am going to post another one with that question for brits, and what everyone else has done.
Later,
Erron

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just replied to your other post heres a few pics of mine.I used a 2 terminal switch from a tractor.Its heavy duty holds up to vibrations and is sealed.Got it a tractor supply store for like 9 bucks.
Shoe

ratwagon said:
Exactly what I was thinking with the light switch. Going to run a decent toggle (like the "flipper" kind from an old blender, only w/ a 20 amp fuse), and am not sure if I want to run it negative ground yet. The bike was + ground originally, and on the first time I tore it down from a cute stock 66 T100 500cc, I kept it that way. So, Pos or Neg ground? I am going to post another one with that question for brits, and what everyone else has done.
Later,
Erron

·
Registered
326 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but on the above diagram, can anyone explain to me how to run the red leads off the boyer unit back to a STOCK dual coil setup, and then on to the ignition? do I split the red wire back to the empty studs on each coil, and then run the two leads back to the ignition? or can I just run the red lead off the boyer unit, to the closest coil, then jump it to the other coil, and then continue it on to the ignition switch?

I'm also a little confused as to what to do with the stock lead on the ignition... Should it remain connected, and then splice the red lead into it? or is it no longer needed?

Thanks!
-B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.