Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys? My name's Matt and I'm from Arizona. I'm currently living in Queen Creek.

I'm a big fan of anything with wheels, and the time was finally right for me to own my own motorcycle a few months ago. I rushed into a purchase of a '79 Suzuki GS550 and I'm slowly fixing all the stuff the last guy neglected and making some improvements of my own. So far I've chopped off everything behind the seat and lowered it 4 inches :cool:

I'm a photographer, so once I get this thing looking respectable I'll be sure to put some pics up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. This weekend was my 1st "long" trip on my GS. Friday night I put a new chain, rear sprocket, license plate bracket and stop/tail light on. Couldn't get the front sprocket cover off thanks to some stripped screws, so I'll be tackling that this week probably.

Saturday I rode about 120 miles around town, and Monday I rode about 150 miles out of town and back. It seemed to run a LOT better once I got up in the mountains. Maybe it was the altitude, maybe the temperature drop, or maybe both. I still need to rebuild these carbs :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome...queen creek is kind of synominous with douche canoe ha-ha thats a joke of sorts here
haha I actually like living out in Queen Creek, except that it's so damn far from everything. From my drive way, it's only about 5 minutes to several long straight roads through the desert, which is great for short weekend rides. Are you in AZ?

Welcome, welcome. I used to have a '78 GS400. Keep on riding!
I'm enjoying the hell out of mine. It's the 1st bike I've owned that wasn't a dirt bike or mini bike, and that actually ran. I had a '79 XS750 before, but sold it before I got it running. Looked great, though!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome aboard. Just a friendly Heads-up but Tech articles and threads on Jap bikes are not welcome on this board. Just don't wanna see you get jumped on for posting them. Still lots of articles and threads that are applicable to your build. Read on ... a wealth of knowledge here.

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts