Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is, I've benn on the HAMB for over a year now and dont have that many posts to my name. I just read a learn as much as I can, that may be par for the course here as well. I cant begin to tell you how much I have already learned since I found out this board was up and running a couple of days ago. I am about to begin a project that I know will require alot of questions asked I hope you guys can be patient. And if you need to flame my ass every once in awhile ( or all the time) for stupid questions I probably deserve it. I wil try to post pics of the bike once I get some.

Thanks guys for another grat board...Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome, and what part of Dallas are you in ? I've noticed already quite a few Texans in here....that's good, 'cause I'm gonna need a lot of help figuring out this damn Triumph ! What kinda bike ya got ?

-Aaron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard Luck said:
Welcome, and what part of Dallas are you in ? I've noticed already quite a few Texans in here....that's good, 'cause I'm gonna need a lot of help figuring out this damn Triumph ! What kinda bike ya got ?

-Aaron
I live in the Lakehighlands area, by lower Greenville. I have a 67 Triumph Bonnie 650 that I just bought off of the Hamb it has a 6" hardtail stretch and needs to be totally assembled. wanna help??? haha, It sounds like it might be the blind leading the blind on this one.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey, Dave, welcome! I live in Carrollton, same story as you and Hard Luck. I've got a Triumph 650 motor in pieces, got a 71 softtail frame and a bunch of parts. We need to get together and pool our junk! HAH.

I work on Jap bikes, but I'm ready to get this one on the road. I've heard about Southwest, but never been in there. I'll have to stop by next week.

-JEB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JEB said:
Hey, Dave, welcome! I live in Carrollton, same story as you and Hard Luck. I've got a Triumph 650 motor in pieces, got a 71 softtail frame and a bunch of parts. We need to get together and pool our junk! HAH.

I work on Jap bikes, but I'm ready to get this one on the road. I've heard about Southwest, but never been in there. I'll have to stop by next week.

-JEB[/QUOTE
Gve me a call anytime I bartend on Greenville so Im up all hours. That would be cool to meet you guys and have some kind of collective co-op of parts, and beer, well mainly beer. we can fumble our way through things and maybe build something that runs...Ill pm you my phone number if you want to call.
Later,
Dave]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sodapop said:
I bought Hellspawns bike, I do have a pic or two which I will try to post tomorrow. And I have to tell you he is great to deal with, he is completely trustworthy.
i retract that statement. He has come through but it took 3 months to ship and I dont have all of it still.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
squirelmurphy said:
Sodapop, you got a 6 inch stretch 67 Bonnie that needs to be assembled? I better check my garage, it sounds like someone sold you my bike!

Sorry, can't help it, hows PonyBoy?
Welcome
Thanks, and ponyboy is fine. The fucked up thing is I have a buddy we call ponyboy, and I actually had to think for a minute if I knew anybody in the LBC{ yeah sometimes the brain doesnt work like it should) Ill have a ton of questions for you guys in the weeks to come....Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
Right on. Be warned these guys will hound you for pics. I'm curious, 'cuz you're builing pretty much the same bike I am from the sound of it. How you comin'?

So, do you got any pics?

sodapop said:
Thanks, and ponyboy is fine. The fucked up thing is I have a buddy we call ponyboy, and I actually had to think for a minute if I knew anybody in the LBC{ yeah sometimes the brain doesnt work like it should) Ill have a ton of questions for you guys in the weeks to come....Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
squirelmurphy said:
Right on. Be warned these guys will hound you for pics. I'm curious, 'cuz you're builing pretty much the same bike I am from the sound of it. How you comin'?

So, do you got any pics?
Its not really coming along at all. I mean I've sanded down the frame primed it. And assembled a rolling chasis. But Hellspawn hasnt sent the motor, tranny, tank, or anything else. So Im at a stand still. How's yours coming. If you have pics could you post them Im in need of some serious insperation.
Laterr, Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts