Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a Barnfresh 1961 Panhead yesterday.... Now I need to decide if it goes back to stock or bob it. Original matching cases, trans & frame. Think I'm gonna have to think this one out for a bit. Paid $4,500.00 maybe paid to much?

·
Registered
935 Posts
either way as long as you lose the fenders.that musta been a pretty clean barn.I could have gotten a sportster,or even a triumph for you if I knew you had that much to spend.next time dont hesitate to ask.oh well you're stuck now.live & learn...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all! OK it's wasn't a barn but an old tin building. It ran one year ago ( so says the last owner ) so shouldn't be much to get it going. The stretch tanks are the longest ones I have ever seen, all the way to the seat post! For sure adding fatbob tank and fenders for now.... Getting the E Carb off there and replacing it with one of "ABCGANGS" Linkert Carburetors (ha ha TC) and I have an original dual point circuit breakers to toss in. Putting the front end back to stock, round swingarm and correct wheels if I can find them cheap. Maybe a bobber? Anyway thought all would like to see it now, more pictures soon....

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
awsome pick up .. I would of paid that much for a shovel!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Thanks all! OK it's wasn't a barn but an old tin building. It ran one year ago ( so says the last owner ) so shouldn't be much to get it going. The stretch tanks are the longest ones I have ever seen, all the way to the seat post! For sure adding fatbob tank and fenders for now.... Getting the E Carb off there and replacing it with one of "ABCGANGS" Linkert Carburetors (ha ha TC) and I have an original dual point circuit breakers to toss in. Putting the front end back to stock, round swingarm and correct wheels if I can find them cheap. Maybe a bobber? Anyway thought all would like to see it now, more pictures soon....
you can have the best of both worlds
for now bob it with as many oem parts you can find and ride the crap out of it
in the meanwhile keep searching for all the missing parts so you can build it into a org. bike later when you feel the urge to restore it or need to rebuild the engine or ..... at some point ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's a bad ass deal! Around here I've never seen one that cheap and in that good of shape. I mean it's pretty ugly but it looks to be in good shape. I'd say chop or change the rear fender, get rid of the front fender, change the tank, and ride it for the summer at least.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Holy shit thats ugly!!! You better send it to me...seriously though dump the fenders and tank quickly...then the front end and start over...its not easy to fuck up a pan but some people really give it a valiant effort...nice find

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Nice find...and especially at that price !

Whatever you want to do with it is your personal taste of course..but please don't cut that frame to weld a hardtail section on it..

If that's what you want, get a newer shovel frame and go wild..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts